How to Install AXP via the Helper File
This installation requires that you set up both tftp and ftp servers. In the tftp public directory place the helper file into it. And on the same box place together into a different directory the installation files. The helper file has the named format axp-helper.<platform><version> while the installation files have the named format of axp-k9.<platform>.<version>.pkg, axp-k9.<platform>.<version>.prt1 and axp-installer-k9.<platform>.<version>.prt1. Be sure that your blade can ping this server, and assure your tftp and ftp servers are running. Here are the steps to follow should you decide to do this process. This is a clean installation, so your previously existing software and packages on the blade will be removed.
1. At the AXP prompt type 'reload'
2. When the boot loader prompt comes up saying 'type *** to change boot configuration', type ***.
3. Type config.
4. Enter the following information for each prompt:
IP Address : [Your AXP blade IP] Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0 TFTP server : [IP of your tftp server]. Must be pingable from blade. Gateway : [Your router-side IP]. Default Helper-file : [helper file name] Ethernet interface : internal External interface media : copper Default Boot : disk Default bootloader : secondary
5. Type 'show config' and verify your settings. Re-edit if necessary. Then type 'ping <ip of your tftp server>' to confirm network communication.
6. Type 'boot helper'.
7. Boot helper will load. Note that if your boot helper does not load, then check these common issues: your tftp server is not running, you haven't placed the helper file into your tftp server's public directory, you misnamed the helper file in your configuration.
8. Select from the menu, 'install software'.
9. At the package name prompt enter the axp installation package name. This file was describe above and has the suffix .pkg.
10. At the url prompt enter the url ftp://<server ip>/<dir>
11. When prompted, enter the username and at the password prompt enter the password.
12. System may ask you if you want to retain old settings, do not retain them.
13. AXP platform will be installed.