Cisco Cius Factory Reset Procedure
While you are testing your application or upgrading your Cius firmware, you might encounter a situation in which the Cius device does not boot up normally or it boots up with a black screen or only displays the "Cisco Cius" message. In this case, you may need to perform a factory reset. The factory reset procedure will erase all user data, settings, and applications.
- Power off the Cius device, and place it on a flat surface or table.
- Simultaneously hold down the Application and Return buttons located at the bottom of the Cius screen while powering up the Cius device, (release the power button as you normally do to start any computer or tablet), but keep the two fingers pressed down on the 2 buttons "Applications" and "Return".
- Look into the front camera. You should see a red flashing light. Wait for the light to flash 2 or 3 times before you release the 2 fingers. If you do not see a red light flashing, then you have missed or failed the process. In this case, turn off the device and start again from step 1.
Note: If your Cius firmware is very old, you might see some text (e.g. Factory Reset Initiated) appear very briefly on your screen. If that is the case, immediately release the 2 fingers and proceed to step 4.
- Release the 2 fingers after 2 or 3 flashing lights. Rotate the Cius to identify the "+" and "-" signs located on the top left side corner of the Cius.
- Press "+", press "-", press "+", press "-", press "+", press "-". Then look immediately into the front camera. The flashing red light should stop flashing and turn solid red.
- Put the device down on the flat surface once again and wait for about 3 minutes for the device to reboot.
- You have just performed a factory reset.
Note: If the flashing red light does not turn solid-red after you pressed + - + - + - , then you have missed or failed the process. In this case, turn off the device and start again from step 1.
Subscribe to our Cius Developer Blog RSS feed to get the latest info and sample code.