We've provided lots of useful information and documentation to help you develop your apps for the Cius.
You'll need to register as a developer on the site to download the resources, but that's very quick and simple.
- Prepare your Android development environment: you will need the Android SDK and a suitable Java development environment, i.e. Eclipse.
- Read the Cius Add-on Installation Guide.
- Download the Cisco Cius Android Add-on v1.0. This includes the emulator skin, sample apps, and Cius API reference.
- Extract the "Cisco Cius Android Add-on v1.0.zip"
- Follow the instructions in the installation guide to install the Cius skin and create your virtual Cius Android device.
- Follow the instructions in the installation guide to create the sample project provided with Cisco Cius Add-on.
- Start developing your Android apps!
- If you are using Windows, install and configure the USB Driver for the Cius.
- If your app requires the use of an NDK, learn about and get access to the Cius NDK
- Find out how to test your app on the Cius.
Where to Find Help:
- Review the Cius Developer Guide and API Reference.
- Review the complete source code for several example applications in our Sample Code section
- Get up to date with detailed discussions around helpful topics and APIs in our How-To section
- Participate in the forums to share best practices and check the FAQs sections for any updates.
Is there more that we can do to help? Let us know and get in touch...
Read the Cisco Cius Android Add-on v0.5 installation guide
Download and extract the Cisco Cius Android Add-on v0.5