Connecting the Cisco Cius to Cisco RAVE
Request access to the RAVE environment.Step 1: Upgrade Cius to latest version of firmware
- Boot Cius Device buy holding down the Power button momentarily
- Press the menu button.
- Go to Settings. Scroll down and press About Cius.
- Scroll down to Active Load and make a note of this value.
- Exit back into settings and go to Wireless and Networks
- Connect to a local WiFi Network with Internet. Ensure that Internet access is allowed.
- Enter the TFTP server settings menu. Tick the Use Alternate TFTP option and in the TFTP server 1 field enter 10.10.20.1.
- Exit back to Settings Menu and scroll down to VPN Settings.
- Touch Add a new Anyconnect VPN Connection. Enter the following Data:
- Name: Firmware Upgrade (any name is sufficient)
- Server: 220.127.116.11
- Save new connection settings
- Touch the new VPN name to initiate the connection
- After a moment, a window will appear prompting for a username and password.
- Enter the following (case sensitive)
- Username: "VPN User Name 2 provided in e-mail about RAVE access"
- Password: "VPN User Password provided in e-mail RAVE access"
- The VPN connection will then establish.
- Exit back out to the main home screen and touch the phone icon.
- After a short time, a window will appear stating that new firmware has been detected and a restart is required. Click OK to restart the device.
- When the device has booted, go to the About Cius menu described in step 2.
- Scroll down and a progress bar is will now be visible showing the progress of the Firmware download. The time required is dependent on the bandwidth available.
- After the firmware has downloaded and installed, the Cius will again reboot. Once again, go to the About Cius menu in step 2 and check the Active Firmware Load. Ensure that it has upgraded.
- Cius should automatically register to the CUCM (DN range 1xxx). You may place a call from your CIUS device to 1004 for testing.
- On the Cisco Cius device select Applications menu and from there select "Cius IM Client"
- You will be presented with Chat Authentication" screen. Select Enter Credentials.
- Select Cius IM Account
- Enter User Name and Password for IM account
- Enter Server address and server port and click save.
- Credentials for access are provided in the email about RAVE access.
The Cius Developer Team is working to put together comprehensive sample applications and code examples that demonstrate the unique development features and opportunities of developing for the Cisco Cius.
Subscribe to our Cius Developer Blog RSS feed to get the latest info and sample code.