Cisco Collaboration Architecture
As enterprises transform business processes with video and collaboration tools, they need an approach that works across numerous devices, applications and operating systems to help ensure:
The correct architecture can provide:
- Interoperability with existing and future technology investments
- Highly secure and reliable access to applications from any location
- Consistent user experiences on any device
- Delivery of any content type, such as video, voice, and data, for immersive interaction
Cisco Collaboration Architecture comprises a portfolio of products, applications, software development kits (SDKs) and APIs. The individual components work together to provide a comprehensive solution, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Diagrammatic Representation of the Cisco Collaboration Architecture
An interactive Flash version of this diagram shows the entire range, make-up, and connectivity for Cisco Collaboration Architecture products and solutions. It also identifies:
- Products that offer or use the collaboration architecture capability
- Solutions that take advantage of the capability
- Developer resources for extending and integrating the capability
- Online demonstrations
- Multimedia resources, and more
Cisco collaboration and unified communications capabilities are provisioned through a portfolio of collaboration products that are open to developers through a suite of SDKs and APIs.
Find out about the Cisco Unified Communications Manager interfaces in depth. View Presentation (PPT - 5MB).
Training video coming soon: Understanding Cisco Collaboration - the developer's perspective.
This video will look at collaboration requirements in the 'post-PC' era. It will give developers an overview of the products and related SDKs and APIs in the Cisco Collaboration portfolio, and include a high-level look at the technology stack.
Training video coming soon: Get an insight into the Cisco Collaboration Architecture, SDKs and interfaces used when building collaboration-enabled solutions
This video will include introductions to:
- Cisco infrastructure back-end products and the related developer tools:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco collaboration products and the developer tools available to add featured collaboration capabilities:
- Cisco WebEx Web Conferencing and related APIs
- Cisco Jabber and related tool kit
- Cisco WebEx Social and related tool kit