Cisco Contact Center
What is Cisco Contact Center?
Cisco Contact Center is the back-end product and the foundation for unified customer Contact Center solutions.
It provides an open, platform that extends customer care beyond simple phone transactions and the traditional contact center to provide unique content-rich customer centric experiences.
Cisco Contact Center solutions build on a broad set of functionalities to improve both customer experience and corporate efficiency.
For example, complex contact center call routing scenarios are made easy. Administrators add attributes (tasks) and competencies to agents' profiles so that Contact Center routing software directs a call to a competent agent able to perform a needed task.
What are the Contact Center APIs?
These are the tools Contact Center developers can use to personalize communication with individual customers through a variety of media including voice, web, e-mail, and video. The functions and features include agent desktop customization, social media activity detection, queuing and assigning, search and retrieval of media metadata and more.
The APIs fall into the following categories:
Desktop, Reporting and Recording
- Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (CTIOS) Toolkit
- CTI Server Protocol (GED-188)
- Enterprise Application Gateway Protocol (GED-145)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) PG Protocol (GED-125)
- Contact Center Express CTI Protocol
What can be done, using the Contact Center APIs?
To learn about ALL the Contact Center APIs in detail, visit the Contact Center Home Page.
As an introduction, the Desktop, Reporting and Recording APIs functionality is shown here.
Desktop, Reporting and Recording APIs
Finesse enables desktop customizations. Developers can:
- Create OpenSocial gadgets to customize and extend the Finesse Agent Desktop
- Create applications that use the Finesse web services REST API
- Cisco SocialMiner
Cisco SocialMiner is a social media customer care solution. Cisco SocialMiner can search/capture customer postings on the social web, filter them for relevance, and assign them to queues that are serviced by social media customer care professionals. Cisco SocialMiner will track posts and responses as well as provide metrics on the actions associated with this work. SocialMiner features:
- REST-based API functions accessed over HTTP for nearly all appliance configuration and features
- OpenSocial compliant gadgets
- Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
Unified Intelligence Center is built on an extensible interactive web framework, which allows partners and customers to extend the boundaries of traditional contact center reporting to an information portal where data can be integrated from multiple sources and shared throughout the organization. Unified Intelligence Center is
- A web-based, graphical user interface
Cisco MediaSense provides an efficient, cost-effective foundation for capturing, preserving, and mining conversations. It provides recording, playback, live streaming, and storage of media, including audio and video, with rich metadata to facilitate easy use.
- It is an open standards, network-based platform
- It uses Web 2.0 Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to expose its functionality to third-party customers so they can create custom applications.
What technologies are involved?
- OpenSocial gadgets
- REST Web Services API
- .NET, C++, Visual Basic, Java
- XML, XMPP/BOSH
Where to go for more information...
Contact Center Solutions
Cisco Unified Customer Contact solutions provide an open, strategic platform that extends customer care beyond simple phone transactions These solutions let you uniquely personalize your communication with individual customers through a variety of media including voice, web, e-mail, and video.