If you have any questions then please
noting the subject matter of your query in the subject line
Here we introduce you to Cisco, tell you about the value proposition and provide an overview with signposts to help you quickly understand how to work with Cisco. The contents are as follows:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Why Work with Cisco?
- Cisco Developer Network Program
- Cisco Channel Partners
- CDN Marketplace
- Developer Resources for CDN Partners
- Steps-to-Success guide for CDN Partners
- Go-to-Market Help
- Your Cisco Relationship
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc. (Cisco) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
Learn more at www.cisco.com
Our customers include businesses of all sizes, governments, service providers and consumers, and with your help we offer innovative communications and information technology industry solutions. We recognize how you help Cisco:
- Add value
- Deliver complete customer solutions
- Transform business practices with Connected Architectures
Note: Some links below require a Cisco.com User ID to log-in for access. Don't have one? Create a Cisco.com User ID now
Why Work with Cisco?
Cisco Collaboration Sales statistics (updated 12/12) show the strength of Cisco in this arena:
200,000 + collaboration customers worldwide
> 95% of Fortune 500 are using Cisco Collaboration
7M + WebEx registered hosts using > 1.2 billion meeting minutes per month
3M + Contact Center agents shipped
55M + IP phones shipped
1M + TelePresence endpoints shipped
Cisco partner contributions support this growth and partners share in the success.
To get the most out of working with Cisco, we encourage you to participate in the Cisco Developer Network Program.
Cisco Developer Network Program
You can choose to become a Cisco Developer Network (CDN) Partner or can subscribe for developer support services when they are needed.
- Cisco Developer Network (CDN) Partner – This is an annual fee-based subscription service which gives a company access to benefits and resources including co-marketing, developer support, and training events. You can explore details about these benefits and resources here. To learn about CDN Partner developer resources and the comprehensive Steps-to-Success guide, see below.
An important aspect of the CDN Partner program is that CDN Partners are able to showcase their products and services in the CDN Marketplace Solutions Catalog.
CDN Partners, often called Technology Partners, include Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Independent Hardware Vendors (IHVs), and Systems Integrators (SIs) with businesses which develop, market, and sell products or services that integrate with Cisco technology, hardware and software.
- Developer Support Only – This is a fee-based annual subscription service that only provides developer support. This is an alternative subscription option to the full CDN Partner membership subscription.
Cisco Channel Partners
Cisco also works with Channel Partners such as Resale Channel Partners. These partner relationships are not managed within CDN which is the Cisco Developer network. For completeness, resources to support Channel Partners can be found on our Cisco.com customer-facing website, specifically:
The CDN Marketplace includes the Cisco Solutions Catalog where CDN Partners publish, market, and sell product offerings, solutions, and professional services
Read more about the CDN Marketplace.
Developer Resources for CDN Partners
We provide developer resources to support CDN (Technology) Partner development and testing effort, promote their Cisco Compatible products, and help build their relationship with Cisco. These resources are some of the benefits offered as part of the CDN Partner Program. You will be required to log-in with your Cisco.com User ID for some of this content, and access in some instances is only available to CDN Partners. Membership benefits include:
Steps-to-Success guide for CDN Partners
This important and comprehensive guide comprises a road-map of eight steps to help you get the most out of your Cisco Developer Network relationship. Each step highlights tools and resources available, as well as actions you can take to collaborate and develop with Cisco more effectively.
We have several educational forums designed to support our CDN community; for example:
- Developer Forum US 2012 Agenda - At Cisco Live San Diego 2012, we hosted an entire track dedicated to CDN business and marketing strategies, to help you understand and navigate the Cisco sales system and make the most of your Marketplace presence.
Scroll down on the educational forums page to find collateral, and recordings, from past events and webinars, that is available to all. Examples of collateral from the CDN Sales Accelerator Webinar series for CDN Partners include:
Your Cisco Relationship
There are a number of ways for you to interact with Cisco and the following sets out what you may encounter and how you can engage with Cisco:
The Cisco Community comprises all individuals who have registered for a Cisco account, created a Cisco.com User ID, and accepted the Cisco Community Agreement terms. The Cisco Community includes partners, developers, customers, employees, vendors and more.
Create a Cisco.com User ID
Having a Cisco.com User ID does NOT make you a member of the CDN Cisco Partner Program. By using your ID to log-in, you get easy access to blogs, forums, most tools and guides.
This agreement is signed when you first use some of our tools. You do NOT need to be a member of the Cisco Partner Program to use most of our tools and guides.
Together with the CDN Program Guidelines, this is the agreement signed to become a CDN Partner. The CDN Partner Program includes:
- Three membership tiers - "registered developer", "solution developer" and "preferred solution developer"
- A points system for progression through the tiers
- Annual fees
- Events and training sessions
Keep up to date with Go-to-Market advice and other news by subscribing to the CDN blog. Note: Some posts are only visible when you are logged in with your Cisco.com User ID.
We attend and hold various events where you can meet or interact with us.
- Events of interest to collaboration developers
- Event details for CDN Partners, including past and future webinars, and more, are published on the CDN message board. Subscribe to the RSS feed to receive real time updates.
- Events, including webcasts and seminars, with a focus for Cisco customers and channel partners are published here.
Cisco Collaboration Community
The Cisco Collaboration Community is designed for IT professionals using or interested in using collaboration technologies within businesses. Through this community, you can:
- Discuss business drivers and ROI, technology architecture and adoption, product capabilities, collaboration best practices and Cisco Collaboration Solutions with Cisco customers and partners, Collaboration User Group members, industry experts and Cisco product managers, technical marketing engineers, and consultants.
- Be the first to hear vision, strategy and new product updates from Cisco through the community's virtual experiences.
- Join and participate in our Cisco Collaboration User Group to influence product direction, get early access to product releases, and enjoy VIP perks at Cisco Live.
Cisco Collaboration User Group (CUG)
The Cisco Collaboration User Group is a free program of interest to customers and partners using Cisco Collaboration products.