The purpose of the CTI Server Protocol is to provide a message based interface to the CTI Server. The protocol provides for Session and Application Management. Once a TCP/IP Session is established, a client application can utilize any of the following services:
- Client Events. This service provides real-time call and agent state change, and status information related to a specific ACD agent position, to a CTI client..
- All Events. This service provides real-time call and agent state change, and status information for all ACD calls and agent positions, to a CTI client
- Peripheral Monitor. This service lets a CTI client dynamically change the list of calls and devices that it wishes to receive call and agent state change messages for.
- Client Monitor. This service lets a CTI client receive notifications whenever any other CTI Client session is opened or closed. This service also enables the CTI Client to monitor the activity of other CTI Client sessions.
- Supervisor. This service lets a CTI client perform agent supervisory functions. (for Cisco Unified Contact Center Eneterprise only. TDM ACDs are not supported).
- Call Data Update. This service lets a CTI client modify certain variable parts of the call state while a call is active.
- Miscellaneous. This service informs CTI clients of significant Peripheral Gateway events.
- Connection Monitor. This service monitors the CTI client connection and generates alarm events whenever the CTI client connection is established or terminated.
- Client Control. This service permits direct control of agent state (such as ACD login and logout), as well as control of inbound and outbound calls from the CTI client application.
- Server Service. This service enables the CTI Server to resigster a service that it wishes to provide.
The CTI Server Protocol enables you to create CTI Applications such as
- Call Recording applications
- Wall Board Applications
- WFM realtime-adherence integrations
- CTI Bridge mode integrations
The CTI Server provides for integration of CTI Applications that can open a session, request a set of services, send requests and receive confirmations and asynchronous events. CTI Server is the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise/Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM) component that delivers agent, call, and customer data in real time and enables third-party call control.