Packet Optical Transport end-to-end management in a single, easy to use application
Cisco Prime Optical is a carrier-class, multitechnology management system that integrates the end-to-end management of legacy transport networks and packet optical transport networks. Cisco Pre Optical helps communication service providers (CSPs) deliver the capacity and quality of service (QoS) required to support the delivery of rich-content-based services and high-bandwidth applications. Cisco Prime Optical 9.3 is the evolution of Cisco Transport Manager and includes all of the powerful capabilities of that offering combined with significant enhancements. Cisco Prime Optical simplifies provisioning and network management and reduces overall costs by providing operators with:
Scalability and growth in a robust carrier-class element management system, designed for reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), that can scale to thousands of optical devices
Increased productivity with a multitechnology management system that integrates the inventory, performance, and configuration management functions in a single application
Extendibility and easy OSS integration using an EMS system with a standards-based Northbound Interface that provides predefined integration with market-leading OSSs, like Tivoli Netcool for Cisco Prime
Built-in intelligence, helps operators quickly accomplish tasks when performing end-to-end circuit provisioning by automatically selecting and implementing an optimal route that uses resource diversity on working and standby paths
Support for Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) networks
• Powerful GUI-based management system
• Standards-compliant information model and Northbound Interface for integration
• High availability for carrier-class management
• Scales up to 5,000 optical/CPT network elements
• Linux and Cisco® Unified Computing System (UCS) support
Cisco Devices Supported
Provides Configuration, Fault, Performance, and Security Management functionalities for:
Cisco Optical networks comprising of:
Metro Edge (15305, 15310 CL, 15310 MA, 15327, 15454, 15530, 15540)
Metro Core (15216, 15530, 15540, 15600)
Cisco Packet Transport CPT 50, CPT 200 and CPT 600
Oracle/Sun Solaris Server
Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) with Red Hat RHEL Linux
Windows OS or Solaris 10
Oracle 11g Database
Veritas for HA (optional)
Cisco Prime Optical Internal Architecture
- The only single device manager that manages across Cisco ONS 15000 series and MGX Voice Gateway.
- Manages up to 4000 optical NEs with 100 simultaneous CTM users in a single CTM instance.
- Provides Northbound interfaces for OSS integration, standards based TL1, SNMP, and CORBA.
- Meets carrier class requirements for High-Availability deployments with configurations to achieve application availability.
• Makes advanced management capabilities such as A-to-Z circuit provisioning easy to learn and error free
• Reduces the initial network discovery time by half, allowing shorter system startup, significantly reducing the length of the network maintenance window, and reducing operating expenses(OpEx)
• Extends the strength of the network core to the edge of the network, particularly in mobile backhaul and optical transport networks, by provisioning static Label Switched Paths (LSPs) from core to edge
Cisco Prime Optical API
The Cisco Prime Optical application program interface (API) allows you to use operations support system (OSS) client programs to connect to the Cisco Prime Optical system. The API requires authentication before access can be granted to any OSS request.