Presence Configuration for Examples Apps - New Wiki
Presence Configuration for Examples Apps
Note:Execution Flow: CUAE is talking to CUPS which in turn is talking to CUPC Where: CUAE = <CUAE_server_ip> CUPS = <CUPS-IP> - CUPS Server CUPC = <CUP client install on your PC>}}}
CUCM User Settings#
- The CUCM version must be 5.0 and above
- Each CUCM "End User" must be unique to the CUPS server. }}}
- Create 2 - "End Users" with the settings listed below
- The user "Password", "Digest Credentials" and "Confirm Digest Credentials" must all be set
- Presence Group = Standard Presence Group
- Check "Allow Control of Device from CTI"
- Add bith users to the following groups, which in turn will give the user the appropriate roles
- On CUCM navigate to "System->License->Capabilities Assignments" and for each end user added,
- Check Enable CUP - Check Enable CUPC
- Once you save these settings the user account is added to the CUPS server
- Verify that the account has been added to the CUPS server by logging into the CUPS server using the admin account
- Navigate to "Application->Cisco Unified Personal Communicator->User Settings" - Retrieve the list of Users.}}}
CUCM Trunk Settings:#
- Create a SIP trunk pointing to the CUPS server
- Destination Address: CUPS IP - CSS: Unrestricted - Presence Group: Standard Presence Group
- Creating a "CISCO SIP Domain" or configuring the SIP Provider is not required. }}}
CUCM Gateway Settings:#
- Add a H323 Gateway pointing to the CUAE Server
- Calling Search Space = "Unrestricted"
- The CUPS should be configured to communicate with the CUCM.
CUPS User Settings:#
- Set the "Application Profile Information" settings for each of your test users
- Log into the CUPS server using the admin account
https://<CUPS IP Address>:8443/ccmadmin
- Navigate to "Application->Cisco Unified Personal Communicator->User Settings" - Retrieve each user - Set the "Application Profile Information" settings and save the change as follows:
- Install the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Client software and take the default settings
CUPC Contacts Settings:#
- Login to the CUPS server using http://<CUPS IP Address>/ccmuser and add the other user's name to the logged in user's contact list. Add contact details for each user.
- "User Options->Contacts"
CUAE Server Setup:#
- Add CUCM Telephony Server associated with the H323 Gateway you created in step "CUCM Gateway Settings"
- Add the CUCM H323 Gateway
- Add a Media Engine
- Add a IETF SIP Domain
- Domain Name: cisco.com
- Primary Registrar: IP Address of the CUPS server