Software Prerequisites - New Wiki
« Back to 3.2.1 Prerequisite
CUAE 2.5.1 & 8.0.1 SDK Installation Pre-Requisites #
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package #
- On the Microsoft Download Center, search for .net 3.0 runtime and download the installer.
- Run the dotnetfx3setup.exe installer and accept all defaults.
Microsoft .NET Web Services Enhancements 3.0 #
- On the Microsoft Download Center, search for Microsoft WSE 3.0 and download the installer.
- Run the Microsoft WSE 3.0.msi installer and accept all defaults
Apache 1.3.x #
- Download the windows binaries for Apache 1.3 from Apache Win32 Archives. Apache 2.0 is not compatible with the Cisco Unified Application Environment at this time.
- Before installing, check that nothing is running on port 80, such as IIS. If there is something using port 80, stop the program before installing.
- Run the Apache installer and accept all defaults.
J2SE JDK 5.0 #
- Download a recent version of the JDK installer, such as 5.0 (also known as 1.5) from the Previous JDK 5 Downloads page.
- Run the JDK installer and accept all defaults. It is not sufficient to install the JRE; the JDK must be installed.
MySQL ODBC Connector 3.51 #
- Download the MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 MSI installer package from the MySQL ODBC Downloads page.
- Run the MySQL ODBC Connector installer and accept all defaults.
MySQL 5 #
- Download the Windows executable (.exe) for MySQL 5.0 from the MySQL Downloads page.
- Run the MySQL installer (mysql-5.0.51-win32) and accept all defaults until you reach the MySQL Server Configuration section. As you proceed through this section, make the following selections:
- Detailed Configuration
- Developer Machine (Recommended)
- Transactional Database Only
- Best Support for Multilingualism
- Install As Windows Service (automatic launch)
- Enter the password for the root user and be sure to remember it; you will need it later when installing the Cisco Unified Application Environment software if you decide to configure the platform to use the root account for accessing MySQL.
Dialogic HMP 3.0 #
- Download the Windows installers for Dialogic HMP from the Dialogic HMP Software for Windows page.
- Run the HMP installer and accept all defaults, choosing the top 4 installation check boxes when prompted to select individual components to install.
NeoSpeech TTS 3.7 #
- Download Windows installers from the Neospeech TTS Server page and Neospeech Kate Voice page.
- Run the VoiceText Kate Master installer and accept all defaults.
- Run the Neospeech TTS Server installer and accept all defaults.
Edit the TTS configuration file at C:\ttssrv.ini.
- Change the NfsDir path to match the path of the Cisco Unified Media Engine, which by default is C:/Program Files/Cisco Systems/Unified Application Environment/MediaServer.
- Verify that the following two lines are present:
- KateSelect 1 ; Kate DB Select
- YumiSelect 0 ; Yumi DB Select
Final Steps #
Modify your environment variables as follows:
- Add the JDK to the path. Using JDK 5.0 Update 11 as an example, append ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\bin.
- Add MySQL to the PATH environment variable. By default, append ;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin.
- Restart your machine.
- You are done. You may proceed to installing the Cisco Unified Application Environment software.