CUAE Developer Resources
There are a few resources you can use to learn how to build applications and plug-ins using the Cisco Unified Application environment. Following are descriptions of and links to each.
Documentation is a logical starting point in your learning process. There are guides to help you get the SDK software installed and running, and to help you get started using the tools to build, deploy and run applications. There is also an API reference guide for more focused and detailed exploration.
You can access the Cisco Unified Application Environment documentation in two forms:
- Downloadable PDF
You can download PDF versions of all documentation. Use the links following API Documents below to download Cisco Unified Application Environment related documents.
- Online Documentation
You can also browse and search online versions of all documentation. Use the Library tab to go to the online documentation index page for all user guides for Cisco Unified Application Environment.
Another way to get started using the Cisco Unified Application Environment is to attend a Cisco training class. This approach offers the benefit of an instructor-led learning process, and is a great way to ramp up quickly on the use of the environment and tools. The cost of the training class is US$3,000. The class is offered onsite at a Cisco facility and lasts 3 days.
To find and sign up for a Cisco training class on the Cisco Unified Application Environment:
- Use the following link to go to the Cisco training class site.
Go To Training Site
- Click the third link “Schedule of Classes” near the top of the middle of the page.
- Open the “ALL AVAILABLE COURSE NAMES” list box at the top of the Search Results page.
- Select the training class from the list with the title that includes “Cisco Unified Application Environment”.
- If desired, use the Regions and Date Range controls to modify your search criteria, and then click the “Narrow” button.
- You will be presented with a list of upcoming training classes offered for the Cisco Unified Application Environment.
- Click on a class name link in the results listing to see more information on the class, or use one of the two registration links (Web or email) to register for the class.
There are also forums you can access to read current discussions, search for information, and post questions to get help and learn from the developer community.