Manually Upgrade NeoSpeech - Wiki
Manually Upgrade NeoSpeech
Errors and Symptoms #
- Upgrading the Core Addendum for 2.4.X to 2.5.1 using the Core Addendum installer removes the NeoSpeech TTS (VT) Service.
- NeoSpeech Kate Voicetext files are still intact.
Applicable Versions #
- 2.5.1 GA - production only
Upgrading from 2.4.X to 2.5.1 requires an update of the third-party NeoSpeech TTS Server from 3.0 to 3.7. In some cases, a key file of the NeoSpeech installation is set as read-only and generates an error message that the Core Addendum installer does not anticipate and fails to install the new version of NeoSpeech. The solution is to simply install the new version of NeoSpeech manually. This is only an issue with the 2.5.1 GA Core Addendum installer.
Whether you have the Cisco Unified Application Environment version 2.4.X or 2.5.1 already installed, it is a good idea to uninstall it first.
Uninstall the components in the following order:
- Media Engine
- Application Server
- Platform Services
Then you can manually upgrade NeoSpeech.
- Download the NeoSpeech TTS Server 3.7 installer and run it, accepting all of the defaults. Check the Developer Kit S/w Prerequisites page for the proper download link.
- Edit the TTS configuration file at C:\ttssrv.ini.
- Change the NfsDir path to match the path of the Cisco Unified Media Engine, which by default is C:/Program Files/Cisco Systems/Unified Application Environment/MediaServer.
- Verify that the following two lines are present:
KateSelect 1 ; Kate DB SelectYumiSelect 0 ; Yumi DB Select}}}
Afterwards, simply proceed to install the Cisco Unified Application Environment as described in the installation guide.