Troubleshooting Prerequisites - Wiki
« Back to 3.2.1 Prerequisite
for 2.5.1 & 8.0.1 SDK Installation issues #
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package #
- The .NET 3.0 installer installs .NET 2.0 if it is not already present. Both are required for the excecution of the Cisco Unified Application Environment.
Microsoft .NET Web Services Enhancements 3.0 Redistributable Runtime #
- There are two similarly named installers. Make sure you download Microsoft WSE 3.0.msi NOT Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtme.msi.
Windows Installer 3.1 #
- You may have to install Windows Installer 3.1 to run MSI packages if your server is a fresh Windows installation. You can check by navigating to Add/Remove Programs and looking for 'Windows Installer 3.1'.
- If you do not already have it installed, the installer for Windows Installer 3.1 can be found at Microsoft Download Center. Search for msi redistributable.
Apache 1.3.x #
- The latest version of Apache tested against the Cisco Unified Application Environment SDK is Apache 1.3.37 (apache_1.3.37-win32-x86-no_src.msi), although we do not anticipate issues with subsequent releases.
- Apache 2.0 is not compatible with the Cisco Unified Application Environment at this time.
- Before installing, check that nothing is running on port 80, such as IIS. If there is something using port 80, stop the offending program before continuing on to the next step.
J2SE JDK 5.0 #
- There are multiple installers available for the JDK, such as the one bundled with NetBeans and another with Java EE. You only need the JDK 5.0 Update ## installer, which is a more trim package.
- The latest version of the JDK tested against the Cisco Unified Application Environment SDK is JDK 5.0 Update 11 (JDK-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p.exe), although we do not anticipate issues with subsequent releases of the 5.0 release of the J2SE JDK.
- It is not sufficient to install the JRE; the JDK must be installed.
MySQL ODBC Connector 3.51#
- If unfamiliar with the MySQL ODBC connector, we recommend you download the MSI package, because the SDK instructions only cover this particular install method of the MySQL ODBC connector.
- The latest version of the MySQL ODBC driver tested against the Cisco Unified Application Environment SDK is 3.51.25 (mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.25-win32.msi). Some newer versions may not work correctly.
MySQL 5 #
- If unfamiliar with MySQL, we recommend you download the Windows (x86) ZIP/Setup.EXE file, because the SDK instructions only cover this particular install method of MySQL.
- The latest version of MySQL tested against the Cisco Unified Application Environment SDK is MySQL 5.0.51 (mysql-5.0.51-win32), although we do not anticipate issues with subsequent releases.
- Enter the password for the root user and be sure to remember it; you will need it later when installing the Cisco Unified Application Environment software if you decide to configure the platform to use the root account for accessing MySQL.
Dialogic HMP 3.0#
- The latest version of HMP tested against the Cisco Unified Application Environment SDK is HMP 3.0 SU225. It is not recommended you use older versions.
- HMP is incompatible with a significant number of laptops, resulting in very poor audio when using Media Control API operations in the Cisco Unified Application Environment. However, it must still be installed regardless of the target system's hardware, even if you choose not to install the Cisco Unified Media Engine.