1. Overview - Wiki
Application Server #
Build New Unified Communications Applications #
Streamline your business processes by building full-featured applications for converged voice, video, and data networks. The Cisco Unified Application Server is the first integrated, end-to-end runtime and development platform for Unified Communications applications.
An integrated component of the Cisco Unified Application Environment, the Cisco Unified Application Server offers these features:
- An extensible plug-in framework which shields developers from voice complexity, reduces training and development time, and easily supports industry-standard or proprietary protocols or interfaces.
- A virtual machine layer separates application logic from core call routing and manages calls from applications to the IP PBX to protect against immature protocol defects and developer threats due to inexperience or accidents.
- A single standard application container (similar to a J2EE application server but specialized for unified communications) provides a common platform for managing the reliability, scalability, capacity, and performance of all packaged and custom unified communications applications.
Media Engine #
Media Processing for Communications Applications#
Streamline your business processes by building full-featured applications for converged voice, video and data networks. The Cisco Unified Media Engine, a software-only media server, provides ready-to-use and sophisticated media-processing capabilities for all applications built using the Cisco Unified Application Designer.
An integrated component of the Cisco Unified Application Environment, the Cisco Unified Media Engine offers these features:
- Interactive Voice Responses (IVR)
- Speech recognition
- Speaker verification
Developer Tools #
Develop new Unified Communication applications easily using Cisco Unified Application Designer or via the CLI utility and core languages like Java / C#
Application Designer #
Even if you have little or no unified communications expertise, you can use the Cisco Unified Application Designer to rapidly develop applications that converge voice and video with enterprise applications and data. Without learning the complex details of telephony protocols and real-time media processing, you use drag-and-drop techniques to visually construct applications containing communications business logic. This approach will help you reduce development time for new applications to days or weeks instead of months, while producing more full-featured applications.
An integrated component of the Cisco Unified Application Environment, the Cisco Unified Application Designer offers these features:
- Drag-and-drop application construction
- Built-in support for Web services integration
- One-click application deployment
- An extensible toolbox
- Integrated debugging
CUAE CLI #
Unified App Environment API's are exposed for Unified Communications application development which needs to run outside the container provided by the Unified Application Server, via the Etch interface definition language and cuae command line utility tool.
As of now CUAE CLI utility provides application development using native language, either Java or C#.
We have Eclipse Plugin for Etch which provides CUAE Etch based CLI developers an easy / graphical way to create, package and deploy CUAE applications from with in any Eclipse based development environment.