CatPlugin - Wiki
About this application#
The plug-in periodically downloads a JPG image from a URL specified in a well known RSS location, then converts and saves it as a local png file which can be accessed by IP phones via HTTP.
This application illustrates the following CUAE technologies:
- Build, deploy, and run a plugin.
- Define a triggering event.
- Define an action.
This application assumes that you have a Unified Communications development environment configured according to the description on the following page: 3.4 Examples - Reference Environment.
This plugin has the following dependencies:
- Dependent on an external RSS feed. If the feed is not currently functioning you should not use this application.
- A phone that supports colored PNG images.
- Sensitive to varying RSS versions .
- A location that is web accessible and writable from where your plugin is running to write an image file to. Two simple solutions are to create a web accessible folder on your client, or to save it to the MediaServer\Audio directory on your server and enable full control sharing.
Click one of the links below for step-by-step instructions using the development tool of your choice.
What You Will Learn#
- Build an plugin/provider
- Package and install a plugin/provider using the CUAE command-line interface (or manually installing)
- Run an plugin/provider
Note: Refer CatPluginClient example application for tips to implement an app using / referring a plugin / provider.