Eclipse Plugin for Etch - Wiki
Eclipse Plugin for Etch
Eclipse Integrated Development Environment Plugin for CUAE Etch Framework #
The Plugin provides CUAE Etch based developers an easy/graphical way to create, package and deploy CUAE applications from with in any Eclipse based development environment. Please download the plugin from here.
- Setup Eclipse in the Developer's PC.
- Setup the CUAE Development Environment locally on the same PC. Read SDK wiki for details.
Setting Up the Plugin #
- Download the plugin jar "com.cisco.dft.CUAEProject_1.0.0.jar" provided above as a zip file.
- Copy the jar file to /plugins folder of eclipse.
- Launch/Re-launch your eclipse.
- In your eclipse window, go to preference section.
- Choose menu:
[Window] -> [Preferences...]
- Click on
[CUAE Preferences]on left side pane.
This will open a CUAE Preference page. Snap-shot below:
- In preference page, select the CUAE framework location. By default the the framework is installed at C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Unified Application Environment\Framework\1.0
- Enter the CUAE Management service URI, username and password in the preference window.
- Save the data by clicking
[Apply] or [OK]button on the preference window.
How To Use #
- Create CUAE Project (for either application or plugin development) from Eclipse.
- Click menu:
[File] -> [New] -> [Others...] and select [Cisco Projects -> CUAE Project].
Follow the wizard to complete project creation.
Generate source code #
Once the project is created, run the build.xml and script located under the project folder. Right-click on build.xml,
[Run As] -> [Ant Build].
Package/Install/Remove/Update application to/from server #
After you are done with your modifications to the generated source code and ready to deploy, package the project and perform install to server.
The package/install/remove options are available as context menu.
Right click on the CUAE project and go to