You should have an advanced level of understanding of web technology, operation, and terminology and be familiar with Cisco Show and Share.
Application developers that use the API should also have an understanding of a high-level programming language such as Java, or an equivalent language. Additionally, we recommend that you have knowledge of the following:
· XML and XML Schema
· REST and RESTful Services
Cisco Digital Signs API:
You should be familiar with Cisco Digital Signs and how to use it to manage your digital signage network. In most cases, API operations correlate to GUI operations.
1) Install the Cisco Digital Media Manager
2) Install licenses
3) Configure Cisco Digital Signs
4) Check that you are able to manage your signage network through the Cisco Digital Signs User Interface.
5) Follow the API documentation to make the correct REST calls.
Cisco Show and Share API:
You should be familiar with Cisco Show and Share and how to use it to manage videos. In most cases, API operations correlate to GUI operations.
6) Install the Cisco Digital Media Manager and Cisco Show and Share.
7) Install licenses
8) Configure Cisco Show and Share
9) Check that you are able to create, edit, and publish content through the Cisco Show and Share User Interface.
10) Follow the API documentation to make the correct HTTP POST calls.