Interoperability Verification Testing
(IVT) offered under the program is designed to allow developers to demonstrate the interoperability of their products (application software and/or hardware) with Cisco technologies. View this diagram to understand the IVT process.
IVT varies by technology. To learn more about IVT for a particular technology, please refer to the respective Developer Center.
Cisco EnergyWise is a is an energy management solution based on Cisco IOS Software that is used to monitor, control, and report the energy use of IT and facilities equipment. Cisco EnergyWise technology helps create enterprise-level power monitoring and control solutions, and features a large ecosystem of partners who offer management applications as well as controllable end-devices. EnergyWise enabled devices include laptops, smart power distribution units (PDUs), Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), building systems, routers, switches, IP phones and Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices. Partners wishing to participate in the EnergyWise program typically sign up as CDN participants, register a product with EnergyWise and then apply for Interoperability and Verification Testing (IVT)
EnergyWise partner Collabera performs IVT to validate partners API and SDK implementations ensuring interoperability with all Ecosystem products and services.
1) Create an account on Cisco.com. This creates a profile and adds contact information. Details at: https://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do
2) Join Cisco Developer Network (CDN) This registers your company as a CDN partner and provides access to Cisco Engineering resources, detailed EnergyWise specs and toolkits. Go to https://developer.cisco.com/web/esdk/start
3) Accept the EnergyWise Technical License Agreement (TLA)
4) Contact EnergyWise Business Development team to download the Cisco EnergyWise Toolkit. firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Review the Cisco EnergyWise Partner Development Guide
6) Develop EnergyWise Compliant Products, Applications and Services
7) Validate that the developed products interoperate with other EnergyWise certified products by participating in the IVT program – Contact Riyazur Rahman email@example.com
8) Work with EnergyWise team to add logos and solutions to the EnergyWise Partners Page and CDN Marketplace. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/switches/ps5718/ps10195/energywise_partner_ecosystem.html
The IVT cost for first pass is $3400.
|S.No||Test Description||Test Duration (weeks)||Quantity||Costs|
|1||New Device - First Test Pass||3-4||1||$3,400|
|2||Second Test Pass||2||1||$2,000|
|3||Minor modifications, Re-Verification, Further test passes (<20% = Free, >20%, <40% only for this cost)||1||1||$1,250|
Contact Collabera for additional details – riyazurRM@collabera.com
Testing participation requires a CDN membership, a registered product and a IVT Request. Test requests are submitted via the Developer Dashboard (link), under the Registered Products Tab. Select "Actions" and "Add New IVT" next to the product to be submitted for IVT. Detailed steps can be found in section 5.5 of Partner Application Instructions under "Additional Resources" at: http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/join