Getting Started with the Finesse Screenpop gadget
Before you follow these directions you should:
- Have Finesse and UCCE installed following the directions in Getting Started
- Verify that you can login an agent.
- Ensure that when you place a call to the agent there is something in Callvariable1. The Screenpop gadget assumes you have data in Callvariable1 (e.g. by setting it in an ICM script) which it will then use in a dogpile.com search.
These steps will allow you to verify the screenpop gadget works in your environment and to modify the screenpop gadget to use a different search engine.
2. Download the Screenpop gadget
3. Download jQuery jquery-1.5.min.js from http://www.jQuery.com
4. Put the Screenpop gadget and the Finesse and jQuery libraries on your own web server.
5. Add the Screenpop gadget url to the Finesse layout using the Administrator Login. Be sure to use the ip address of the gadget on your web server: http://<ip address><directory>Screenpop.xml
6. Log the agent out and back in again to get the Screenpop gadget in the agent's Finesse desktop.
7. Place a call to the agent and verify that the screenpop gadget places the data from Callvariable1 into a dogpile.com search
8. Edit the screenpop.js file to change the search engine to Bing.
html += '<iframe src="http://www.bing.com/search?q=' + callvars["callVariable1"] + '" width="100%" height="650"> </iframe>';
9. Put the revised Screenpop gadget on your web server.
10. Log the agent out and back in again to get the latest Screenpop gadget in the agent's Finesse desktop.
11. Place a call to the agent and verify that the screenpop gadget places the data from Callvariable1 into your changed search engine (Bing)
That's how easy it is to modify the screenpop gadget.