Getting Started with Cisco Finesse
Install Cisco Finesse
Before you begin
Cisco Finesse requires Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise to function so you'll want to get that up and running before installing Finesse. If you already have CCE up and running, you can use it and proceed to the Cisco Finesse Installation. If you don't have CCE up and running, consider using Packaged Contact Center Enterprise. It is easier to get up and running than CCE.
Procuring and Installing Packaged Contact Center Enterprise
- Follow the instructions in this ordering guide to procure a lab version of Contact Center Enterprise. PCCE doesn't have its own media. Instead, PCCE is a certified solution made up of UCCE, CVP, CUIC, FInesse and UCM. As part of CCE install, you need to select a deployment model and one of the options is Packaged CCE. When you select Packaged CCE, the system checks 50+ rules and boundaries to make sure the system is installed and setup as per Packaged CCE spec. One of the things it also validates is the UCS C-260 hardware and the VMs footprint on both sideA and sideB. This enforces that a duplexed layout on the C260 hardware, as per spec. However, for lab deployments or demo systems, you don't need a C260 or a duplexed system. The deployment list has an option called Packaged CCE : CCE-PAC-M1 Lab Only. This lab model enforces all spec rules except hardware and VM rules, which gives the flexibility to install the software on any system for demo purpose. Note, this lab model bounds the system to run at 1 call per second (instead of 8 cps) and max 50 agents (instead of 1000).
- Follow these instructions for installing and configuring Package Contact Center Enterprise.
Before you install Finesse, make sure you have already procured the following:
- Hardware to run the Finesse Server. Refer to http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization for specific HW requirements
- ESXi 5.0
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise or Packaged Contact Center Enterprise
- Cisco IP Phones to place and receive calls
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you have
- Download the OVA template
- Download Cisco Finesse
- Follow the instructions in the Cisco Finesse Installation and Getting Started Guide
- Sign into Cisco Finesse by pointing your browser to http://hostname_or_ipaddr_of_finesse . You should use the Agent ID, password, and Extension of a valid agent on your UCCE.
If you had any trouble with the steps outlined above, visit the Cisco Finesse Troubleshooting Wiki.