FlexPod is a pretested, prevalidated, scalable data center solution that leverages best-of-breed technologies from Cisco, and NetApp to increase business agility while lowering deployment risks, accelerating application deployment by compressing project timelines, and reducing TCO by leveraging the efficiencies of a shared infrastructure.
• Includes leading computing, storage, virtualization software, and networking components from NetApp®, Cisco®, and VMware®
• Integrated solution optimized for virtualization: excellent performance, security, availability, manageability, lower TCO
• Flexibility to support a number of mixed workload environments and can be optimized for a customer’s specific requirements. For example, a base FlexPod configuration can support 1500 users for these four application workloads simultaneously: VMware View, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint and SQL Server, while still providing sufficient headroom for additional workloads
• Scalable, right-sized architecture to meet customers’ needs today and in the future
• Provides a single platform for customers for the entire journey from shared infrastructure, virtualization,and ITaaS
• Provides joint cooperative support for approved solutions by all three companies
- Unified, highly scalable packaged architecture comprised of best-of-breed solutions
- Low risk with one proven architectural design from three industry-leading companies
- Standardized and simplified platform
- Cost-effective growth capabilities from basic virtualization through ITaaS on the same platform
- An open design management framework that integrates with existing third-party infrastructure management solutions
The FlexPod data center solution from Cisco, and NetApp is a prevalidated configuration that easily scales vertically or horizontally to accommodate many different use cases, from typical virtualized VMware®, Microsoft, Red Hat, and Citrix environments to high-performance ERP applications such as SAP and much more.