Business-to-Business Unified Communications
Cisco Intercompany Media Engine provides a revolutionary way for organizations to extend their Cisco Unified Communications experience to their business partners or customers, delivering feature-rich interoperability via boundaryless collaboration as well as cost savings.
This worldwide, peer-to-peer network offers these features:
- Lets partners use calling features that are available between clusters (except extension mobility)
- Learns new routes, through calls to any business partner who participates in the Cisco Intercompany Media Network
- Offers encrypted signaling and media for all Intercompany media engine calls between partners
- Provides a high level of security, plus spam blocking, to help prevent mining for callable numbers belonging to your enterprise
- Reduces gateways and overhead, by moving calls from PSTN to direct SIP trunks over the Internet or an extranet