How to ... Deploy the Jabber demo in salesforce.com
This demo shows you how to install the Jabber SDK into your browser and, by using the salesforce.com development sandbox, enable the salesforce.com site to display Presence status and also allow for Click to Call and Click to Chat from within the Browser.
Please also take a look at the Salesforce proof-of-concept video at
Step 1: Identifying Salesforce.com system ID
- Login into Salesforce.com using your account by going to https://login.salesforce.com
- The system id appears as a salesforce.com subdomain:
Step 2: Adjust links in distribution files for local deployment
- Extract the Jabber SDK Demo distribution zip file to a local directory
- Browse the extracted directory
- In the following files under sfdc directory
- Search for and replace all occurrences of the following URLs:
- Replace https://cebtgwy.ciscocebt.com/glwstatic/ with your local HTTP server where demo files are located
- Replace https://c.na14.visual.force.com with https://c.XYZ.visual.force.com where XYZ is an instance of your salesforce.com system (e.g. ap1)
- Replace https://na14.salesforce.com with https://XYZ.salesforce.com where XYZ is an instance of your salesforce.com instance (e.g. ap1)
Step 3: Customize User Object
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Customize > Users > Fields and add following custom fields to the User object (type=text, length=255 and visible for all roles)
- CUCM Address
- CUPS Address
- Jabber ID
- Jabber Password
- UCM User
All fields should be of type Text with length (255). During creation wizard select "Visible" checkbox for all roles.
Verify that "Add Field" checkbox is check for "User Layout", and click "Save" and
Step 4: Create Visual Force Pages and Apex Objects
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Develop > Apex Classes
- The attached ZIP file contains a list of files with ".apex" extension. For each file in the following list, create a new class by clicking "New button" and copying the content of the file into the online editor (the order is important), and click "Save" after copying each file:
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Develop > Pages
- Create new Pages by replacing the default content and copying the content of each one of the following files in the distribution under sfdc directory
- Apex.loadSessionId.xhtml – Page label/name "loadSessionId"
- b. Apex.Jabber.xhtml – Page label/name "Jabber"
- Apex.JabberCommand.xhtml – Page label/name "JabberCommand"
Step 5: Add Jabber SDK scripts to Salesforce.com pages
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Components
- Click "Edit" next to Messages & Alerts
- Copy the content of messages&alerts.html file in distribution under sfdc directory into Messages & Alerts text box.
Note: There should be no empty lines in text box.
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Home > Home Page Layouts
- dEdit the "DE Default" layout and check Messages & Alerts checkbox
- Click "Next" button
- Click "Save" button
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > App Setup > Customize > User Interface
- Check "Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages" checkbox
- Click "Save"
Step 6: Set Users' Properties
- Open 'Your name' > Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Users
- For each user
- Click "Edit"
- Set the following properties
- Extension – user's CUCM extension number
- CUCM Address – IP address of CUCM server
- CUPS Address – BOSH HTTP URL on CUPS (e.g. https://cups-server:7335/httpbinding)
- Jabber ID – user's JID (e.g. email@example.com)
- Jabber Password – user's CUCM/CUPS password
Note: This field contains clear text.
- UCM User – user name in CUCM (e.g. john )
Step 7: Accessing Salesforce.com UI with Jabber SDK
- Access https://XYZ.salesforce.com/apex/Jabber?cid=500/o where XYZ is your Salesforce.com instance
- Create a new sample case
- At every page where user name appears, presence, click to call and click to chat controls will be appended
Note: The URL in the browser's address bar should remain
Provide us with your name and email address and we'll keep you updated with Jabber developments.