Jabber Voice and Video SDK v3.0.0
Cisco Unified Communications System Release 9.2
SDK enhancements and significant changes in this release
- The SDK provides a GUI Access Control dialog for user notification and response when a website that has not been previously visited, or that is not in a whitelisted domain, tries to use the plugin.
See separate Feature Note for more details.
- The SDK provides support for a client to choose which available camera, microphone, and audio device to use.
See separate Feature Note for more details.
SDK support for Mac OS X
- Video calls are now supported on Mac OS X.
- Graceful Registration is now available for Mac OS X. This feature provides a way to manage two or more clients registered to the same CSF device.
- The Mac OS X plug-in installer is now digitally signed by a Mac Developer certificate.
- The SDK supports Mac OS X versions 10.8 and 10.7. Earlier versions are not supported.
This release of the SDK breaks backward compatibility.
Version 3.0.0 browser plug-ins for this release are not backward compatible with earlier versions of cwic.js. Likewise, cwic.js version 3.0.0 is not backward compatible with earlier versions of browser plug-ins.
This section highlights differences between the current release and the previous version of the Jabber Voice & Video SDK. These differences might affect your ability to migrate existing apps to the current SDK version. Consult the Jabber Voice and Video API Reference Documentation for complete information.
- Added callEvent property to call namespace. You can use this property to check for error conditions or to determine if the call attributes have changed.
- Added optional args.cucm.cti in arguments for registerPhone(). This allows for deployments where CUCM CTI services are running on different nodes than TFTP.
- Changed text name and message for the error code 18 in cwic-errorMap. What was formerly LoggedInElseWhere : "Already logged in" has been changed to TooManyPluginInstances : "Too many plug-in instances - device registered in another browser."
- Added the following new error codes to cwic-errorMap:
- InvalidCredentials: code: 22, message: "Invalid credentials"
- Note the condition that generates InvalidCredentials was previously returning LoginError (code: 20)
- CreateCallError: code: 31, message: "Cannot create call"
- Note the condition that generates CreateCallError was previously returning Unknown (code: 0)
- NotUserAuthorized: code: 41, message: "User Did Not Authorize Access",
- Added the following new cwic methods for local media device selection:
Ports and protocols
The SDK browser plugin uses the following ports to communicate with the Cisco infrastructure and remote parties:
- TFTP Port 69 is used to download CUCM configuration file and Dial Rules.
- SIP Port 5060 is used for signalling in SoftPhone mode.
- RTP and RTCP ports are assigned from the range 16384-32767.
- RTCP (control info for media) usually uses the RTP port number +1.
The SDK plug-in also makes the following outbound-only connections:
- HTTPS Port 8443 - Used to download the phone devices available to the user from CUCM
- HTTP Port 6970 – (Optional) Used to download CUCM configuration file and Dial Rules.
- QBE Port 2748 - Used for call control in CTI / Deskphone Control mode.
- SIP Port 5060 – Used for signalling in SoftPhone mode (In most cases, this is a TCP connection)
- CSCue51256 -- IE freezes after opening second sample app tab while on a call
- CSCue51645 -- [Sample App] Refreshing page in Firefox doesn't reload plug-in
- CSCue89619 -- log size limit is not sufficient (resolution is to increase number of archived files from 1 to 20, and to store log files in a dedicated CiscoWebCommunicator folder)
- CSCue53728 -- The success callback of createVideoWindow is not called in IE
- CSCuf27388 -- [Sample app] No or delayed video in popout window with one-way video
- CSCuf57427 -- Deadlock in video rendering, plugin unresponsive
- CSCuf81967 -- Windows plugin does not gracefully handle local network disconnect
- CSCue51070 -- Firefox plug-in crash
- CSCue82387 -- Video fails to refresh in Sample App on Win XP
- CSCue51347 -- No dial rules in deskphone mode
- CSCue53368 -- Cannot CTI control EX60 device from the SDK
- CSCue62432 -- Conferencing same party twice silently fails
- CSCue87167 -- [IE] CWIC Video flashes on mouse scroll up/down
- CSCuf61946 -- In IE, closing browser during call not handled properly
- CSCub09917 -- Delays and browser hangs when processing multiple CUCM login servers
- CSCue90411 -- Deskphone mode: participants includes hunt pilot when accept HG call
- CSCua57650 -- Plugin crashes if usb headset removed during a video call
- CSCuf93876 -- Can't login to Deskphone mode if CTI list contains invalid first entry
- CSCug19119 -- deskphone mode: conversationUpdate empty called party after conference
- CSCug44081 -- participants missing when calls to/from same extension
- CSCue51405 -- Quiet audio on Mac in VPN environment
- CSCug32397 -- In WinXP, Tandberg webcam cannot be chosen in the Sample App
- CSCug32402 -- On Mac, AT2020 mic cannot be used as Recording Device in the Sample App
- CSCuf52754 -- CWIC plugin does not load if Firebug enabled during page loading
- CSCug62916 -- Plugin can crash in Firefox on Mac when popout window repeatedly resized
- CSCug63202 -- Intermittent plugin crash after quick logout and login