Jabber Voice and Video SDK v3.0.1
Cisco Unified Communications System Release 9.2
Maintenance Release 1
SDK enhancements and significant changes in this release
- Improved support for the Access Control Dialog (ACD) Box
See separate Feature Note for more details.
- Upgraded the node component: node.csf is based on the stable node.js, version 0.8 or greater
Access Control Dialog Enhancements
- Updated icon for Windows®
- Locale no longer falls back to English by default
- User message localization complete
- Added an example application demonstrating how to implement the ACD
- New methods and fields to support delaying the display of the ACD.
- Improved whitelist management.
This release of the SDK maintains backward compatibility with the previous 3.0.0 version of the browser plug-in and with cwic.js.
This section highlights differences between the current release and the previous version of the Jabber Voice & Video SDK. These differences might affect your ability to migrate existing apps to the current SDK version. Consult the Jabber Voice and Video API Reference Documentation for complete information.
CWIC API changes from 3.0.0. to 3.0.1
This release adds new cwic methods and settings fields for delayed user authorization. The delayed user authorization API controls when the Access Control Dialog is displayed.
Returns a String value that indicates the authorization status for the current user.
Show user authorization dialog. The args.denied parameter specifies a function to call if the user presses the Deny button on the user authorization dialog box. If the user presses the Allow or Always Allow button, the settings.ready callback (which was passed into init) will be called.
A callback used to indicate that CWIC must show the user authorization dialog before the application can use the CWIC API.
Indicates that the loaded plug-in supports the delayed user authorization dialog.
Ports and protocols
The SDK browser plugin uses the following ports to communicate with the Cisco infrastructure and remote parties:
- TFTP Port 69 is used to download CUCM configuration file and Dial Rules.
- SIP Port 5060 is used for signalling in SoftPhone mode.
- RTP Audio & Video (Transmit/Receive) uses a port in each direction that defaults to a port in the range 16384-32767.
- RTCP (control info for media) usually uses the RTP port number +1.
The SDK plug-in also makes the following outbound-only connections:
- HTTPS Port 8443 - Used to download the phone devices available to the user from CUCM
- HTTP Port 6970 – (Optional) Used to download CUCM configuration file and Dial Rules.
- QBE Port 2748 - Used for call control in CTI / Deskphone Control mode.
- SIP Port 5060 – Used for signalling in SoftPhone mode (In most cases, this is a TCP connection)
Known problems (bugs) are graded according to severity level. These release notes contain descriptions of the following:
All severity level 1 or 2 bugs
Significant severity level 3 bugs
Because defect status continually changes, this table reflects a snapshot of the defects that were open at the time that these release notes were released.
- CSCub09917 - Delays and browser hangs when processing multiple CUCM login servers
- CSCue90411 - Deskphone mode: participants includes hunt pilot when accept HG call
- CSCug69738 - Deskphone mode: isConference=true when accept HG call
- CSCua57650 - Plugin crashes if usb headset removed during a video call
- CSCuf93876 - Can't login to Deskphone mode if CTI list contains invalid first entry
- CSCug44081 - Participants missing when calls to/from same extension
- CSCue51405 - Quiet audio on Mac in VPN environment
- CSCug32397 - In WinXP, Tandberg webcam cannot be chosen in the Sample App
- CSCug32402 - On Mac, AT2020 mic cannot be used as Recording Device in the Sample App
- CSCug65599 - Plantronics USB headset cannot be selected as recording device on Mac
- CSCug59665 - Video can be delayed when plug-in loaded on more than one tab
- CSCuh07640 - IE running in Protected Mode interferes with ACD, hides logs.
- CSCuh38670 - Plug-in memory leak on Mac
- CSCuf52754 - CWIC plugin does not load if Firebug enabled during page loading
Because defect status continually changes, this table reflects a snapshot of the defects that were resolved at the time that this update was released.
- CSCug71833 - caxl: uncaught exception on connect with single token
- CSCug63024 - csf node component has incorrect version formatting
- CSCug94583 - cwic.js fails to provide plug-in version info for pre-3.0 plug-in
- CSCuh07636 - JabberSDK Plug-in crashes when calling from multiple tabs
- CSCug62916 - In FF on Mac, slowdown with multiple tabs; crashes when resizing pop out
- CSCuh38625 - Access violation in plug-in when unloaded by IE too soon
- CSCuh28096 - Intermittent plugin crash on Windows, running on multiple tabs