The Jabber web tool kit
With the Jabber web tool kit, we're providing tools to enable you to build Cisco UC capabilities into your web applications and portals using Cisco Jabber technology based on modern industry standards such as JQuery and REST.
By integrating the capabilities offered within the Cisco Jabber web toolset, you'll be able to rapidly and easily build voice, video, IM, presence, voice messaging and conferencing capabilities into any web application (eg CRM app, internal corporate directory page, social media site, etc.) to create a powerful unified communications experience for your end users, with all the functionality immediately and seamlessly accessible from within the browser.
What's the Big Deal?
Understand how the Jabber SDK fits into the Cisco integrated collaboration experience, taken from a recent Cisco Jabber WebEx session
Your users will no longer have to leave their web application to invoke collaboration functions. They will be able to communicate via IM, voice, video, voice messaging and web conferencing through the browser, streamlining workflows and saving time and money.
What's more, there's no need or reason to install a desktop client to invoke unified communication capabilities: it's all completely client-less and done through the browser
– a major achievement we're really proud to be able to deliver to you. (Note that for voice and video capabilities your users need to download a small browser plugin.)
Specifically, for the IT Pro, the Jabber web tool kit ...
Before you go any further
Watch the video to see a corporate directory with embedded Cisco UC Capabilities in action:
- Provides the building blocks for you to rapidly and easily Cisco UC enable enterprise web applications for your users – providing Voice, Video, Presence/IM, Voicemail, & WebEx Conferencing
- Allows you to consolidate the desktop and integrate collaboration deep into existing applications, increasing productivity and maintaining context of interactions for end users
- Lets every browser experience become an interactive collaboration experience
- Adds incremental value to your Cisco Collaboration deployment based on your unique needs
Specifically, for the ISV, the Jabber web tool kit ...
- Gives ISVs access to a large Cisco install base by enabling them to build products and services on top of Cisco collaboration technologies which are already used by millions of Cisco customers
- Provides the building blocks to rapidly and easily Cisco UC enable enterprise web applications – providing Voice, Video, Presence/IM, Voicemail, & WebEx Conferencing
- Gives you an exciting technology enabler to build products and services based on Cisco collaboration technology
- Offers co-marketing opportunities of your application with Cisco
A summary of the reasons to integrate Cisco Jabber web capabilities into a web app:
- UC and collaboration functions are delivered from within the browser.
- Reduces IT dependency on additional software.
- You don't need to install a desktop client.
- Dramatically changes the way collaboration capabilities are provided to employees, customers and partners.
- All that's required is a browser and logon ID.
New version of Voice and Video SDKv3.0 of SDK now enables video for Mac plus other features
We'll give you plenty of technical and commercial support to help you