Interoperability Verification Testing
(IVT) offered under the program is designed to allow developers to demonstrate the interoperability of their products (application software and/or hardware) with Cisco technologies. View this diagram to understand the IVT process.
IVT varies by technology. To learn more about IVT for a particular technology, please refer to the respective Developer Center.
Universal Power over Ethernet (UPOE) is Cisco technology that's designed to extend the IEEE Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) standard and double the power per port to 60 watts. UPOE provides power directly to end link devices via Catalyst Switch Ethernet Port and Cat 5 cable. Devices powered by the 60W UPOE port include Access Points, IP phones, select Catalyst 2900 series switches, Card Readers, Security Cameras, Point of Sale Retail devices, VDI, and LED Lighting Arrays. Partners wishing to participate in the Cisco UPOE program typically sign up as CDN participants, register a product with UPOE and then apply for Interoperability and Verification Testing (IVT
UPOE partner Collabera performs IVT to validate partner's implementations ensuring interoperability with all Ecosystem products and services.
1) Create an account on Cisco.com. This creates a profile and adds contact information. Details at: https://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do
2) Join Cisco Developer Network (CDN) This registers your company as a CDN partner and provides access to Cisco Engineering resources. Go to https://developer.cisco.com/web/esdk/start
3) Develop UPOE Compliant Products, Applications and Services
4) Validate that the developed products interoperate with other UPOE Cisco Compatible products by participating in the IVT program. Contact Riyazur Rahman: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Work with Cisco UPOE team to add logos and solutions to the UPOE Partners Page and CDN Marketplace.
Contact Collabera for IVT pricing details – riyazurRM@collabera.com
Testing participation requires a CDN membership, a registered product and a IVT Request. Test requests are submitted via the Developer Dashboard , under the Registered Products Tab. Select "Actions" and "Add New IVT" next to the product to be submitted for IVT. Detailed steps can be found in section 5.5 of Partner Application Instructions under "Additional Resources" at: http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/join