Dear partner, we are happy that you decided to partner with us and leverage our capabilities to develop tools that can:
Ease the deployment of endpoints for our customers, and
Provide visibility into the network so that operators can verify and assure that video, voice and data services are delivered at the required quality.
We encourage you to provide us feedback regarding the documents so we can better collaborate. Please let us know if you find any inconsistencies, or missing information that would be useful, etc. by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to our collaboration!
In order to understand the most common deployment scenarios and how to deploy the medianet features, please read the Medianet Deployment Guide.
Enhances visibility into the network to simplify and accelerate troubleshooting of voice, video and data and validate network capacity and configuration before deploying new applications or before events.
Performance Monitor (Passive Monitoring)
Provides performance statistics (packet loss, jitter, etc.) based on analysis of user traffic and allows creating application class-specific threshold crossing alerts.
- NetFlow V9 Flow Record Format White Paper
- Performance Monitor Configuration Guide
- Video Monitoring MIB: information about VM MIB
- MIB Files:
- VM1 Data Values: summary of data values for Video Monitoring
Helps network operators understand the status and health of a network path by collecting critical information hop by hop, on specific media streams as they traverse the network.
- Mediatrace Configuration Guide
- Remote Data Collection with Web Services Management Agent- Quick guide that provides an overview and reference configuration of features necessary to enable remote data collection and management for the Cisco Media Monitoring feature.
- Mediatrace Data Values: summary for data values for mediatrace
- Mediatrace Basic Config and Output: includes sample output for mediatrace
- Mediatrace MIB – coming soon!
IPSLA Video Operation
Helps network operators validate whether a network is ready for video and rich-media applications by stressing the network path with realistic, application-specific media streams.
- IP SLA Video Operation Across Platforms
- IPSLA VO Documentation and MIB
- IPSLA Video Operation Configuration Guide
Mediascope is a an open source tool that works in conjunction with Cisco’s Media Monitoring capabilities and is used to visualize performance data about flows across a network.
Mediascope is a tool that provides a visual, customizable view of Mediatrace network traffic via a user-friendly interface and a colorful, interactive set of graphs. Mediascope is a web-based application that communicates with the initiating Mediatrace node via Web Services Management Application (WSMA).
- Download package include code: http://medianet.sourceforge.net
- User's Guide
- Programmer's Guide
- Watch a demo
Media Awareness helps the network to become application and rich-media context aware end to end. The network works together with the video endpoints and applications for optimal quality of experience for end-users and improved visibility for IT.
Manages and transfers application context attributes to the network allowing your tools to expose application content details for richer reporting.
- Media Awareness and Flow Metadata Overview
- Flow Metadata MIB – coming soon!
- MSP MIB – coming soon!