Interoperability Verification Testing
(IVT) offered under the program is designed to allow developers to demonstrate the interoperability of their products (application software and/or hardware) with Cisco technologies. View this diagram to understand the IVT process.
IVT varies by technology. To learn more about IVT for a particular technology, please refer to the respective Developer Center.
ProgramInteroperability Verification Testing (IVT) for the Mobility Services Engine (MSE) API has been re-instated in order to improve the quality of the CDN Solution for Cisco Customers. This IVT does not constitute a full "Cisco Validated Design" solution but would award the CDN Partner a "Cisco Compatible for CMX" or "Cisco Compatible for RTLS" Credential.
Testing required by all RTLS or CMX CDN members as follows:
- Within 6 months of CDN program acceptance
- 1 time per year with each major release of Cisco product (w/each Cisco product interfaced with)
- Anytime member product releases a major version
IVT ObjectivesThe IVT program objective is to provide verification that 3rd party CDN member product(s) meet the following criteria:
- Successfully Integrate and scale as defined by Cisco design guides and 3rd party product specifications.
- Install and functionally operate/perform as indicated in collateral and specifications (from integration perspective only)
- Successfully integrate with Cisco products while not adversely affecting Cisco product operation or the integrated solution.
- Use only supported integration methods. Supported integration methods (API's and protocols) can be found on the Developer Services web site: Developer Services Home
Testing is focused on integration points of CDN member products and Cisco products, not on the member product itself, to ensure quality integrations between 3rd party products and Cisco products.
Test categories include:
- Installation and connectivity of ISV Application.
- Validation of integrated features between Cisco product and member product.
- Performance and load testing of integration points/functionality, using a subset of functional test scenarios
- Negative testing (connectivity failure, redundancy, recovery)
There are currently no fees associated with IVT testing in USA
Testing participation requires a CDN membership, a registered product and an IVT Request. Test requests are submitted via the Developer Dashboard (link), under the Registered Products Tab. Select "Actions" and "Add New IVT" next to the product to be submitted for IVT. Detailed steps can be found in section 5.5 of Partner Application Instructions under "Additional Resources" at: http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/join