Cisco Unfied MeetingPlace API provides interfaces to most important Cisco Unified MeetingPlace functions. It's added on top of its core system and provides the below functionality which allows customers to develop tools or extensions to their existing applications that can remotely talk to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace server.
- Meeting management: searching meetings by various criteria, scheduling and cancelling meetings, starting reservationless meetings, initiating outdial, and other in-session meeting control operations
- System configuration management: import and export your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace configuration, retrieve or setup various configuration parameters.
- User management: validating users credentials, searching users by various criteria, creating and deleting user and group profiles.
- Notifications: use subscribe/notify services to register for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace notifications
- Licensing: install or retrieve your licenses
- API is readily available on every Cisco Unified MeetingPlace application server with no need for configuration
- All major operations on Cisco Unified MeetingPlace server are exposed through API
- SOAP is a well established standard with numerous frameworks available on every platform and in a number of languages allowing easy client development
- Set of developed examples in different languages is supplied to set you on track immediately
- With https configured on your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system, SOAP allows you securely access to API from behind the firewall without need for reconfiguration
- Update a guest user's lifetime
- Get details of a guest user
Core technology behind Cisco Unified SOAP API is SOAP over HTTP. SOAP is the foundation layer of the web services stack. It has been present for over a decade, and is well established technology, accepted and recommended by W3C. SOAP relies on exchange of XML based messages to set up RPC communication between server and the client. It is platform and language independent.