The NAM product family includes both integrated services modules and self-contained appliances, deployable across the network to monitor network and application performance. The products include:
- Cisco Branch Routers Series NAM (NME-NAM): This service module integrates with Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series ISRs to provide multi-service performance visibility, traffic analysis and troubleshooting in the empowered branch.
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series NAM (NAM-1, NAM-2): These services modules help improve operational manageability of network resources in the enterprise campus, data center, and WAN. In addition, deeper insight into network and applications performance helps simplify application delivery across the network.
- Cisco NAM Appliances (NAM2204, NAM2220): An extension of the Cisco NAM blades, these appliances offer next-generation performance, superior scalability, and maximum deployment flexibility. The appliances complements Cisco NAM service modules offering comprehensive performance instrumentation across your Cisco network
The Cisco NAM API allows third-party management applications to retrieve data for networkwide performance reporting, trending, baselining, service level monitoring and capacity planning. For example, A reporting application can retrieve monitoring data such as Application Response Time (ART), RMON, DiffServ, and Differentiated Services Monitoring (DSMON).
- Allows customers to protect their investment in existing reporting (homegrown or third- party) applications by leveraging the performance analytics & operational manageability provided by Cisco NAM
- Enable partners and customers to build additional value on top of Cisco NAM