Getting Started with SBP API
Using the out of box functionality with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
1. Review the Cisco Unified Communications and network environment pre-requisites to ensure your network is ready for the Cisco Smart Business Portal deployment
2. Download, install, and configure the Smart Business Portal server and client software. You are ready to place inbound and outbound calls demonstrating the out of box functionality.
3. Purchase a Cisco Developer Support contract which entitles you to case based support for the Cisco Smart Business Portal. (Support contract is highly recommended during evaluation period, and is mandatory to support a customer.
Integrating the Smart Business Portal with a new or custom application
1. Install the Smart Business Portal SDK installer and review the API help files and sample code and templates to see how to create new business adapters, web parts and views.
2. Use Visual Studio Web Developer, Visual Studio Express, or Visual Studio to create your new business application adapter(s) , web parts, mashups and views.
3. Install your Smart Business Portal components