How to ... Enable and Gather SXML API Logs
To troubleshoot SXML API issues, the partner needs to enable and gather the Soap Web Service logs and the SOAP Message logs at the debug level.
Enable the SOAP Web Service Logs from the Serviceability Window
- From the Unified CM Administration window, choose Application > Unified CM Serviceability.
- Choose Trace > Configuration.
- From the Servers column, select the server and click GO.
- From the Service Group box, select Soap Services and click GO.
- From the Services box, select the Cisco SOAPMessage Service and click GO.
- Check the Trace On check box.
- If you want the trace to apply to all Unified CM servers in the cluster, select the Apply to All Nodes check box.
- From the Debug Trace Level field, select Debug.
- Repeat for the Soap Web Service log
- In the Trace Output Settings section, set Maximum No. of Files*: 200 and Maximum File Size (MB)*: 2MB
- Click Save.
Gather the SXML Logs using the RTMT Tool
- Log into CUCM Administration.
- Go to Applications, choose Plugins.
- Search and find the Real Time Monitoring Tool.
- Download the Cisco Unified CM Real-Time Monitoring tool (RTMT).
- Install the RTMT tool.
- Start the RTMT tool.
- Enter the address of the CUCM server you want to monitor.
- Log into the server.
- To collect logs and traces, go to Trace central and double-click Collect Files.
- Check All Servers for Cisco CallManager, Cisco Database Layer Monitor, Cisco SOAP Web Service and Cisco SOAPMessage Service servers.
- On Collect File Options screen, select an Absolute Range approx. 30 min before and after your test run. Zip-ing the files is convenient. Please email or attach to your case using the online TAC case tool.