Risport Case Opening Steps
Open a Developer Support Case
For development issues and questions that cannot be addressed through these services, CDN also offers members the ability to open support cases with our development engineering team utilizing Cisco’s case tracking application.
For CDN Community Members: This service is available as an annual fee-based subscription. Pricing: This fee varies by theater.
For CDN Technology Partners: This service is included in your CDN Technology Partner memberships.
Learn more about purchasing a developer support subscription
To help resolve your case quickly, please provide the following information with opening a developer support case for a Risport issue.
- General description of the problem
- Is the problem reproducible or intermittent?
- Observed vs. expected API behavior
- Version Number of CUCM
- Example Request/Response
- Risport Logs (How to enable RisPort Logs,How to gather RisPort Logs )
- Time Stamp of the Issue (If known)
To troubleshoot Risport issues, the partner needs to gather the Soap Web Service logs and the SOAP Message logs at the debug level.
To Enable these logs:
- Step 1
From Cisco Unified Serviceability administration, choose Trace > Configuration.
- Step 2
From the Server drop-down list, choose a server in your network.
- Step 3
From the Service Group drop-down list, choose Soap Services.
- Step 4
From the Service drop-down list, choose the Cisco SOAPMessage Service.
- Step 5
If you want debugging to apply to all nodes, check the Apply to All Nodes check box.
- Step 6
Make sure that the Trace On check box is checked.
- Step 7
From the Debug Trace Level drop-down list, choose Debug. Click Save.
- Step 8
Repeat for the Soap Web service log.
- Step 9
In the Trace Output Settings section, set Maximum No. of Files*: 200 and Maximum File Size (MB)*: 2MB
- Step 10
Next, use the RTMT tool to gather the logs.
To use this tool, you must download it from CallManager.
- Step 1 Log into CUCM Administration.
- Step 2 Go to Applications, choose Plugins.
- Step 3 Search and find the Real Time Monitoring Tool.
- Step 4 Download the Cisco Unified CM Real-Time Monitoring tool (RTMT).
- Step 5 Install the RTMT tool.
- Step 6 Start the RTMT tool.
- Step 7 Enter the address of the CUCM server you want to monitor.
- Step 8 Log into the server.
- Step 9 To collect logs and traces, go to Trace central and double-click Collect Files.
- Check All Servers for Cisco CallManager, Cisco Database Layer Monitor, Cisco SOAP Web Service and Cisco SOAPMessage Service servers.
- On Collect File Options screen, select an Absolute Range approx. 30 min before and after your test run. Zip-ing the files is convenient. Please email or attach to your case using the online TAC case tool.