Utility operators face a variety of business and operational challenges, from regulatory compliance with security and reliability to new industry standards for substation networks. Transmission and distribution automation solutions from the Cisco Connected Grid portfolio enable secure, resilient, scalable standards-based communications in the most demanding environments. Cisco invites substation vendors to build upon the Cisco Connected Grid platforms to help utility companies to:
- Comply with regulatory mandates
- Increase reliability of their power delivery system while lowering operational costs
- Expand the value of their substation data communications networks
- Leverage Cisco's end-to-end, open-standards based and secure Smart Grid Architecture
- Reduce technology risk for customers as well as partners with certified interoperability with Cisco products
- Accelerate system design and deployment with CDN tools and forums
Cisco's Connected Grid portfolio of products includes the Cisco 2010 Connected Grid Router (CGR 2010) and the Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch (CGS 2520). These platforms are optimized for use in power substations and meet substation compliance standards including IEEE 1613 and IEC 61850-3.