- Enables OBTP for TelePresence deployments in which calendaring applications are not directly supported by CTS Manager.
- Web services based API makes client development as easy task.
- iCal based meeting payload makes the API friendly and simple to work with given large number of calendaring applications support iCal format.
- Provides APIs to synchronize data between ECA and CTS Manager efficiently.
- Provides APIs to find out status of TelePresence meeting in CTS Manager. ECA admin can take proactive actions to correct meetings needing attention.
- Supports secure communication between ECA and CTS Manager.
- Supports asynchronous operations which helps ECA to scale.
ECA as Scheduling Interface
In this deployment, ECA provides an interface or portal to schedulers for scheduling meetings. ECA in turn schedules the meetings in the calendaring server. Once the meeting is scheduled in calendar server, ECA then prepares ical payload for same meeting and invokes the CTS Manager API. ECA has some kind of data store to persist return values from the API. This data store would help ECA to synchronize data with CTS Manager efficiently (details covered in later section). The API would return URL to access the meeting Web UI in CTS Manager. ECA can choose to expose this URL to schedulers. Schedulers can log in and review or update their meeting attributes.
ECA as Middleware
In this deployment, schedulers schedule meetings using normal scheduling applications such as Outlook. ECA retrieves the meeting information from calendar server and then invokes CTS Manager.
ECA as Calendar Server
In this deployment, ECA acts as a calendar server. Schedulers schedule meetings using ECA, which processes the meeting and then invokes CTS Manager APIs for