NOTE: For Technical information regarding TelePresence AV Integration products, go here: http://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/home
The Application Process
Please download and read this guide before you begin.This PDF is a specially designed guide for AV Integrators working through application process.
The key steps for joining the AV Integrator Accreditation System will be:
1. Sign up via CDN online http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/join-the-program
2. Take time to write the Description of your company. Include states and countries where your company has offices or has completed projects. This is how your company will show up in the CDN System.
3. Identify the legal representative with the ability to sign the CDN Partner Agreement
4. Register a New Product – Our product is AV INTEGRATION – when in doubt, enter that when asked. When asked for a description, AV INTEGRATION will work. Assure that any area with a red star has been filled out even if that answer is "NA".
5. Associate with a Cisco Product - Technology Category is CISCO TELEPRESENCE / Technology Sub Category AV INTEGRATION / Cisco Product C40/60/90 / Version 1.0 / Partner Product Type TELEPRESENCE VIDEO / Partner Product Sub Type NONE
6. Select "Save Product" then "Submit for Approval" That will generate an e-mail to our team announcing your intention to be in the system.
7. Download the AV Integrator Accreditation Worksheet here . This spreadsheet provides detailed requirements at each level of the system. Information is also listed below.
8. E-mail the required AV related documents to email@example.com .
9. When documents are approved your company will be approved in the CDN system. CDN registration status will say "Pending Legal".
10. An e-mail is sent asking that the CDN Agreement be approved by your company legal representative. When approved CDN registration status will say "Agreement Accepted"
11. An e-mail will be generated providing payment instructions. The AV System does not require payment, but will require a $0 PO and a quote form.
12. Primary contact will be asked to complete full product registration. The AV Integrator has the option to include a previous project or simply enter "NA" for questions. Complete all screens by selecting "next". At completion select "save and exit".
13. When PO and Quote form are received and product has been fully registered the CDN registration status will say "Completed".
14. At this stage the company logo may be uploaded.
An agreement must be approved online to become part of the program. The AV Integration System uses an addendum to the typical CDN guidelines. That addendum is located here This addendum supersedes the guidelines for the standard CDN system.
NOTE: CDN requirements for annual fees have been waived for the AV Integrator program through at least FY2012. These fees have been absorbed by the TelePresence Business Unit. A $0 PO will be required to issue a CDN contract number and issue benefits of CDN membership.
CDN Partner Program Guidelines
A unique program plan addendum will be used for the AV Integration program.
CDN Points Possible for AV Integration Levels:
Registration of a closed meaningful customer AV Integration Project (subject to verification by Cisco)
1 per verified project
Providing Customer Satisfaction survey (subject to verification by Cisco)
1 per verified survey
Providing Completed/signed Project AV9000 Checklist
3 per checklist
NOTE: As the AV Integrator program will not involve product sales, it will be important to show activity to support continued funding of the program. Registration of completed projects will show the program is working. In addition it will verify that customer satisfaction levels are being maintained.
AV Integration Program Requirements
AV Integrator Accreditation System detail and tracking spreadsheet here
The spreadsheet located above will provide details on the system requirements and provide a specific process for the integrator to follow.
Registered Developer AV Integration Requirements
· CDN Agreement
· 3 Meaningful Regional Projects with a favorable customer/Cisco Reference (see below for information)
o Annual requirement to remain in the program
o Potential spot customer satisfaction surveys
· Adherence to InfoComm standards & best practices
· Training on C-Series Codec
o Prior training via TelePresence ATP Certification will be accepted
o Others will need to review a roughly one hour online course -
o See training information on Registered Developer page here:
· Maintain 5 CDN points annually
Project Documentation – Your Company "AV Resume"
Narrative of completed meaningful project
Functionality of the System
System Drawings (Abbreviated to show System Functionality)
System Equipment List
Solution Developer AV Integration Requirements
· Meet Registered Developer Requirements
· 8x5 Support
· Invite Only
· Sponsorship and approval by ex Tandberg or Cisco internal
· 6 Regional Projects with a favorable customer/Cisco Reference
o Commissioning Checklist AV-9000 Checklist http://www.avres.com/id18.html
Reference AV Industry AV-9000 (Maltese 2006)
· Maintain 10 CDN Points Annually
Preferred Solution Developer AV Integration Requirements
· Meet Solution Developer Requirements
· Channel Readiness (relationships with channel teams)
· Dedicated Business Development Resources
· 24 x 7 Support
· Accept best practices of AV 9000
· Implement auditable QMS system on all projects with Cisco TelePresence Products
o CTS-D, CTS-I or RQT (AQAV) sign-off on any Cisco project per AV 9000 checklist
o AV-9000 Design/Staging/Commissioning Checklist http://www.avres.com/id18.html
Assures best practices AV9000: 2011 have been followed
· Cisco C-40 or better demo gear
· Maintain 18 CDN Points Annually
NOTE: Project reviews are used to determine the quality and standards currently implemented by an AV Integrator. They will not be used or shared in a sales or marketing capacity by Cisco.
It will be possible for AV Integrator Partners to register in multiple regions globally. There are no restrictions on where a Partner may offer services. The Region selection will allow users of the CDN system to search for Accredited AV Partners in their geographic area of interest. This designation is created by the AV Integrator Partner after approval by adding locations to the text description of the partner. It will be possible to add regions through the CDN system in the future. Requirements for adding additional regions will be:
· Completion of the Registered Level of Accreditation (3 Projects)
· Demonstration of a completed project in the targeted region
· Location of a Facility in the Region (on the Partners website)
InfoComm Best Practices Reference Materials
AV Installation Handbook – specific techniques & guidelines for common AV Integration http://store.infocomm.org/Products.aspx?type=Books
Audio Visual Systems Design – We need the updated version – specific techniques & guidelines for design – specifically Section 2 – screen size, 8 - Audio, 10- Technical Power & Grounding – 11 – Remote Control Systems - 12 - Videoconferencing,
AudioVisual Best Practices - Specific to the AV process – Recommended at the first two levels in the program- Page 190 could be the template for submitting for approval in the program.
AV9000 – Covers process, techniques & guidelines. This will be required for the top two levels in the program. At Preferred Solution Provider level a CTS-D or CTS-I will be required to sign off that the company has followed the requirements in AV-9000 on the project.
NOTE: Partner principal will be required to affirm on company letterhead that the best practices in books 1 & 2 above will be used in any project involving Cisco products and solutions (to the best practical possibility). This requirement will be an honor system. Cisco will not have the means or inclination to track every project. Clear violations of this requirement that come to our attention may be grounds for removal from the program. It is understood that there will be cases where adherence is not possible. A good practice would be to document any deviations and have the end client approve them.