CTS-Manager is a core component of Cisco TelePresence which handles call scheduling from Groupware like Microsoft Exchange, provides one button to push to start TelePresence meetings, and reserves Media Conferencing resources for multipoint or interoperation with non TelePresence Devices.
Cisco CTS-Manager Reporting API provides programmatic access to the organization's TelePresence calling data using a simple, powerful, and secure application-programming interface. The reporting API allows customers to collect information about both scheduled and ad-hoc calls from Cisco TelePresence end points and devices connected to the meeting via Interoperation.
In addition to call data the API allows the developer to collect the responses to the meeting organizer ROI survey. The ROI Survey is an optional component sent to the meeting organizer for each scheduled meeting to collect information for use in the metrics dashboard within CTS-Manager and the reporting API application.
This Reporting API is the only method available for collecting scheduled and ad-hoc information from CTS-Manager.
Call Detail Reports (CDR) can also be collected from Communications Manager CDR feature.
Information provided by the CTS-Manager Reporting API;
- Meeting scheduled start & end time and invited room names
- Meeting actual start & end time and participating room names
- Meeting type (Ad-hoc or scheduled), subject, features, system mtg ID, organizer ID & timezone, a recurring meeting, and MCU device names
- Survey last modified time
- Survey questions & answers
- Allows for third party reporting applications to show meeting ROI savings
- Allows for Call Detail Records to be easily collected for just TelePresence Endpoints
- Can be used to track TelePresence end point utilization.
The Survey if enabled by the Sysadmin will include up to 10 customizable questions for the meeting organizer to fill-out by clicking on a link in each meeting confirmation email.
This API is SOAP web based model using WSDL.
A typical application would be for a customer using Cisco TelePresence who wants to track meetings to show travel avoidance costs saving or other ROI data to an external application.
The CTS-Manager Reporting API is available with version 1.7 and higher and is a licensed feature which must be enabled.
For details on the Reporting API download the Reporting API Developers Guide from documentation page