An experimental release of an extensible modern server and host management API for the Cisco C series rack server. This FW release is the equivalent of the 1.3(2) release in all respects but for the addition of the API. This is a part-time development and QA effort so please DO NOT use in production. The only support available is via discussion forums by the community and the best effort of the responsible engineers. The intent of this experimental release is to gather feedback and ideas for future evolution.
Your vote, feedback, comments and not least, participation in this survey will determine the future of this concept.
• Guiding principles “keep developer first” and minimize gap between an API and its usefulness as a tool.
• Extension in multiple dimensions
• API Extension in Lua for server or host. Agentless host management from the CIMC. (currently demo quality, release TBD email robling at cisco.com for more)
• API data formatted for bash to let bash scripts play too
• Management of the host via the CIMC API: mash-up server and host state to do clean application co-ordinated server power down (for example). Completely managed & deploy your server with os & applications via a consolidated API endpoint. Please send email to robling at cisco.com if you would like to know more about this.
• Documented script tools (fw update, multi cimc network vlan configuration)
• Multi CIMC Aggregation API demonstrated in a Sinatra/Ruby Proof-of-concept see cimc_aggr.zip.
• CIMC FW/tools/example code @ http://developer.cisco.com/web/unifiedcomputing/ucs-labs
Response requested via survey