Cisco UCS vCenter Plug-in is an extension for the vSphere Web Client v5.1 or higher. It enables virtualization administrators to view, manage and monitor various aspects of Cisco UCS physical infrastructure. The result is a single pane of glass for Virtual Center users to get both physical and virtual infrastructure information for a given hypervisor.
Following files are available for download
1. The actual plugin zip file (ucs-vcplugin-0.9.2.zip)
2. A quick start guide (CiscoUCS-vCenter-Plugin-0.9.2-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf)
3. Plugin registration tool (RegisterVCPlugin-092.zip)
4. A Readme for the registration tool(RegisterVCPlugin-092-README.html)
For any queries or feedback, mail to email@example.com
What is new in vCenter Plugin 0.9.2?
Following caveats were resolved in 0.9(2) release
CSCue57514 - ESX servers are shown as non-ESX servers in vcenter plugin
CSCue78623 - Download fails when using HTTPS server for hosting plugin
Now administrators need not download and host the plugin on a HTTP/HTTPS server if the Cisco Developer Network (CDN) site is reachable from their machine running vSphere Web Client. User can choose to register the plugin available in CDN and the vSphere Web Client will download it directly from CDN.
Lot of enhancements has been done in the plugin registration tool to make it user friendly and avoid errors during registration.
New features added in vCenter Plugin 0.9.1:
- Cisco UCS Physical hierarchy view.
- Overall health of server and other infrastructure components.
- Maps UCS servers to ESX hosts.
- Inventory, installed firmware, faults, power and temperature statistics for each server/ESX host.
- KVM launch for all ESX and non ESX servers.
- Toggle locator LED and launch UCSM GUI for each server.
- Registration tool for registering the plugin with the vCenter.