1. How to load a VoiceXML application from HTTP Server?
For loading VoiceXML application from HTTP Server, below commands can be used in Voice Gateway
service app_name http://10.10.1.1/collect.vxml
2. How to enable blind transfer in VXML?
Make use of the <transfer> tag for achieving the blind transfer by setting the bridge as false or setting the type as blind.
Eg. <transfer name="mycall" destexpr="'tel: '+ phone_num" bridge="false" connecttimeout="150s" maxtime="180s" cisco-longpound ="true" >
3. What is the VXML command to assign a variable with SIP URI?
Make use of session.connection.local.uri to assign the variable with SIP URI.
4. How to use MOH music on hold with the help of VXML ?
As VXML does not have much ability in call controlling features, You can try a workaround with MOH CLI.
5. Is the maxspeechtimeout VXML property supported by the browser? If not is there any way to work around this limitation? Is there a Cisco-specific property that can be used to achieve the same?
"maxspeechtimeout" is not supported by the browser. We can make use of external grammar which may specify maxspeechtimeout. We don't have CISCO extension for this feature.
6. What has to be done if the caller gets cut off after 30 sec of recording when VXML Record is being used?
Set the memory recording limits in your voice gateway to overcome the issue
Router(config)# ivr record memory session 1000
Router(config)# ivr record memory system 15000
7. How to handoff the control over call from vxml script to IOS when the call is answered?
A normal Call handoff in Cisco VoiceXML is invoked through the <object> element as follows:
<object name= "ResultVariableName" classid= "builtin://com.cisco.callhandoff">
<param name= "return" expr="<Boolean value>"/>
<param name= "app-uri" expr="<URI>"/>
<param name= "arg-string¿ expr="a string"/>
8. Is there a way to explicitly tell the VXML interpreter to stop collecting digits in the previous form? If not, how can we transition between two forms when both collect digits using a <catch>?
This Scenario is not supported. VXML cannot stop the digit collection for the first field.
9. Is whole call recording supported by the Cisco IOS browser?
No, It is not supported.
10. Is it possible to access "faxrelay-num-pages" from TCL/VXML?
Won't be able to access it from TCL/VXML.
11. How to increase the "rspinfo data buffer"?
Chunk size is controlled by HTTP server side, not controlled on our client side.
12. How to enable calls between endpoints(SIP/H323) within VOIP network?
voice service voip
allow-connections sip to sip
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections sip to h323
13. How to eradicate the following error ¿Element <audio> is not used according to DTD¿?
Use the <audio> element as given in the below example
14. What are the configuration changes required for the recordutterance property to work with the IOS Version 12.4(15) and later releases and voicexml version 2.1?
No configurations needed except for those commands to apply VXML script
15. How to play Address using TTS?
By making use of <say-as type="address"> we can play address using TTS
16. Is there something I need to configure on ICM, or perhaps return a variable with the vXML <exit/> tag, for the call to continue in ICM when it has completed the vXML script?
Make use of <return> tag instead of <exit> tag, when the VXML script is complete