Cisco VXI is an integrated, end-to-end, tested, virtual workspace system that supports the next-generation virtual work environment by unifying virtual desktops, voice, and video. This new approach to delivery of end- user services enables IT to provide a more flexible, secure, and efficient converged infrastructure that delivers an uncompromised end-user experience and much greater business value. Cisco VXI is an open and validated solution that spans Cisco's data center, network, and collaboration architectures in combination with critical partner technologies.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco VXI offers the following features and benefits
- Flexible: Cisco VXI supports user choice to accommodate different work styles and combinations of virtual desktop, voice, and video endpoint devices, while enhancing the user experience for improved productivity and user satisfaction. It also provides a flexible, open virtual workspace platform that offers agility for varied and multiple deployment scenarios. It allows IT to achieve faster, more efficient provisioning and management of end-user services.
- Secure: Cisco VXI improves data confidentiality and integrity by centralizing, protecting, and controlling access to critical data and intellectual property at the data center rather than across diverse endpoints. Cisco VXI integrates policy-based identity services that enable device profiling, posture assessment, and provide need-to-know access to centralized resources. This protects the organization from data loss, compliance litigation, loss of revenue, and brand damage, and it allows IT to respond quickly to security attacks.
- Uncompromised: Cisco VXI allows companies to achieve competitive advantage and improved productivity without compromising cost or resilience goals for a superior return on investment (ROI). IT can now reduce risk and protect technology investments through a roadmap based on fully validated integrated systems, an open partner ecosystem, financing options, end-to-end support, and planning and implementation services.
Cisco VXI is built on three main architectural elements:
- Virtualized data center: The core of Cisco VXI is the virtualized data center, based on Cisco's innovative data center architecture that enables IT to simplify, secure, and scale the hosting and management of desktop virtualization while building the foundation for full virtual workspace deployments. This architecture includes the Cisco Unified Computing, Unified Network Services, and Unified Fabric foundational elements along with industry-leading ecosystem partner technologies. Cisco VXI is compatible with, and fully supports, Vblock Infrastructure Packages and Flexpod converged infrastructure solutions.
- Virtualization-aware network: The end user accesses the virtual desktops and services hosted in the data center cloud through a virtualization-aware network, based on the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture. The network helps ensure an end-to-end superior user experience, regardless of geography, by providing the optimized, secure delivery of virtual desktops at scale, together with voice, video, and traditional data. The network provides comprehensive secure virtual desktop access from any device and a holistic solution for policy enforcement for users and devices.
- Virtualized collaborative workspace: The virtualized collaborative workspace allows IT to deliver an uncompromised user experience for fixed and mobile work environments. Building on Cisco's collaboration architecture and portfolio, it extends the reach of the virtual desktop to a diverse range of endpoint platforms, including thin and zero clients, smart phones, and tablets. These include innovative user devices offered by Cisco that combine virtual desktops with voice and video capabilities.
A network architecture diagram to provide visual representation of how the API fits into the larger product/solution area