Getting Started With Cisco WebDialer
- Download and read the WebDialer section of the Introduction to Unified CM Interfaces slide deck.
- Download the XML Developer Guide for the Cisco Unified CM release. Cisco WebDialer information can be found in Chapter 4 in the XML Developer Guide.
- Subscribe to the Cisco WebDialer blog to receive updates from the interface Product Manager.
- Obtain Cisco Unified CM software, hardware, and licenses from Cisco Marketplace or local Cisco sales representative. 150 Device License Units (DLUs) are automatically bundled free with Unified CM software.
Cisco Developer Network Program members should consider purchasing the Cisco Unified NFR Bundle (Ordering instructions below)
A. You must have a Cisco.com account with partner level access to purchase this product. If you do not have an account, please register for one at https://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do. If you have an account, but have forgotten your password, you can reset it at http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/passwordreset.do.B. Contact the CDN Help Desk to confirm if you have partner level access associated with your Cisco.com account. If you do not, it may take 3 – 5 days to apply this level of access to your account.C. Once you have received confirmation from the CDN Program office, you can order this product online by following these instructions:
To purchase the latest Unified Communications NFR Software bundle
- Navigate to Cisco Marketplace
- Login using your Cisco.com UserID
- Click on Unified Communications NFR Software (display box)
- Select Unified Communications Not-For-Resale Products link (small link at top of page)
- Select Cisco Unified Communications System Release NFR Program (drop down menu on right)
- Select Technology Developer Partner
- Click Add to cart
Membership and program information can be found at Cisco Developer Network Program.
Program members are also eligible to purchase Cisco hardware at a discount. Program details can be found by clicking here. (Partner Login Required).
- Include Cisco IP Phones and/or Softphones to validate Cisco WebDialer Make Call operations. WebDialer is dependant upon the Cisco CTI service, so be sure to click here for a list of Cisco IP Communication Devices supported with Cisco CTI.
- Click here to access Unified CM documentation on Cisco.com. See also the UCM Technical Readiness site for additional documents, training, ordering guides and more.
- After installation has completed, remember to activative both the Cisco WebDialer Web Service and Cisco CTI Service on one or more CIsco Unified CM Subscribers. Service activation is accessed through Unified CM Serviceability Web Administration (https://<UnifiedCM Subscriber ip address>/ccmservice)