Add WebEx Web Conferencing Services and User Management to your Web App
- Understand the 3 different types of WebEx Web Conferencing APIs, and pick the one that suits your needs.
- URL API: The URL API is based on HTTP(S), and provides a convenient, lightweight mechanism to provide browser based, external hooks into the WebEx Web Conferencing services. The URL API is typically used in enterprise portal integrations to support basic interactions such as Single Sign-On (SSO), scheduling meetings, starting and joining simple meetings, and inviting attendees and presenters.
- XML API: The XML API is a comprehensive set of services supporting most aspects of the WebEx Web Conferencing services, including detailed user management, comprehensive scheduling features, attendee management and reporting, and more. The service responds to XML "request" messages sent via HTTP Post operations from external applications, and returns an XML :response" message back, indicating an action was taken or returning requested data. This is the preferred mechanism for application-level integration. Because data is returned in XML messages, the receiving application is free to parse, utilize, and present the data any way desired; in contrast, the URL API will generally present a WebEx Web Conferencing service page back to the user showing the requested information.
- Teleconference Service Provider (TSP) API: The TSP API is a full-featured XML-based interface to allow integration with audio conferencing networks. The integration architecture supports redundancy, fail-over, and load balancing, and provides robust features to tightly integrate the audio conferencing capabilities with telephony management and provisioning in the WebEx Web Conferencing environment.
- Review the WebEx Meetings Services Platform APIs Technical Overview white paper.
- Download the reference guide for the API, you plan to use
The diagram below illustrates the relationship between the integration Platform, the WebEx Web Conferencing application tier, and third-party applications integrated via the APIs. More information on these APIs can be found in the Integration Platform APIs Overview white paper.
- Review the WebEx Web Conferencing Single Sign On documentation
- Take a look at the WebEx Web Conferencing API Sample Code
- Review the WebEx Web Conferencing Tech Notes