Roles and Permissions
There are three WebEx service roles. After your service request is authenticated by the WebEx server, your WebEx user name is mapped to one of the following three roles:
- Site Admin: A site administrator is usually an IT department employee who will administer the sites, set up the site, create user accounts, and assign user privileges.
- Site Admin¿View Only: A site administrator with view-only privileges can generate reports and view information of the site, but cannot create, delete, or modify user accounts.
- Hosts: Hosts can schedule and start meetings. Hosts are usually the presenters as well.
There are four classifications of privileges for what each role can do for each XML API operation, as follows:
- Site Privilege: A user's ability to access information about all users and meetings on that site.
- Self Privilege: A user's ability to view, delete, modify, or create his or her own data, but not the data of others.
- Public Privilege: A user's ability to have others access the data.
- No Privilege: No such privileges.
The information below provides the details of the privileges for each role. A user must have Site Admin and Site privileges to access the NBR web services.
Service Operation Priviledges
|Service||Operation||Site Admin||Site Admin View Only||Host|