Hybrid Audio SDK Allows VoIP Integration for TSP Partners
Up to this point in time, the Telephony Service Provider (TSP) could not integrate their VoIP service with the WebEx Meetings client. In practical terms, this means that TSP customers could not use the "Call using Computer" method to join the audio conference. The TSP Hybrid Audio SDK enables TSP partners to integrate their VoIP client with Meeting Center, so that "Call using Computer" is an available method of joining the TSP audio conference service.
It is important to note that VoIP client is provided by the partner. The Hybrid Audio SDK provides the means to integrate that client with WebEx Meetings, enhancing the WebEx Meetings experience for the partner's users. Currently the Hybrid Audio SDK services are available only for Microsoft Windows clients.
Hybrid Audio SDK Features
The Hybrid Audio SDK either adds functionality to existing TSP APIs or add new APIs that provide these services:
- Check that the Hybrid Audio SDK is enabled.
- Control for Audio Authentication
- An ad-hoc VoIP client installation
- Enable branding of the Audio conference dialog
- Enable custom help tips for the audio dialog
- Control version control of VOIP client
- Check VoIP conference status
- Identification of call type, phone or VoIP
- Facilitate a back channel between the TSP partner environment and the TSP VoIP client
Users of the Hybrid Audio SDK are partners who have already integrated their TSP solution with WebEx Meetings and now want to add VOIP functionality to their integration. The SDK provides enables a partner to add their VoIP solution to the integration.