Cisco Instant Connect Overview
What is Cisco Instant Connect?
Cisco Instant Connect is a multi-sector push-to-talk (PTT) communication product that uses Cisco Wireless IP Phones and Android devices for instant group and private audio connectivity and collaboration. Cisco Instant Connect is part of the Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) IP-based dispatch and incident response solution.
What is the Cisco Instant Connect SDK?
As a developer, you can use the Cisco Instant Connect SDK for Android to create mobile solutions that enable push-to-talk (PTT) on-premises communications. The SDK is a simple and easy to use libary for inclusion in your Android, iOS or Windows C# project that enables the use of Cisco Instant Connect with the Cisco IPICS solution.
What are the requirements?
- Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) and at least one UMS.
- A VPN connection when communicating across a public or carrier network.
- IPICS 4.8(1) or later.
- Any ARM based phone or tablet running Android 4.0 (API level 14)
- Android Studio or Eclipse (Juno or higher) IDE
- Apple iOS:
- IPICS 4.8(2) or later
- Any Apple iOS device running iOS 7 or better.
- XCode 6 or higher IDE
- IPICS 4.9(1) or later
- Any Intel based Windows 7 or 8 device with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010