Voice Mail-Get Started
Begin sending, and receiving voice messages in your application.
- Make sure that you have the required hardware and software for Cisco Unity Connection.
- Visit the CUMI API Wiki to find documenation and examples for the CUMI API.
- Try some basic GET operations to start exploring the API
- The root of the Cisco Unity Connection Messaging Interface (CUMI) API is the Mailbox resource that is associated with each user.
- Doing a GET on the Mailbox returns properties of the mailbox
- GET /vmrest/mailbox
- Doing a GET on the Folders returns the fixed list of folders:
- GET /vmrest/mailbox/folders
- A Folder consists of a small set of properties (DisplayName and MessageCount) and a collection of Messages.
- Doing a GET on a Folder returns a small folder resource object and a reference to its list of Messages:
<Folder> <DisplayName&g;t</DisplayName> <MessageCount></MessageCount> </Folder>
- Doing a GET on <folder>/messages returns a message list:
<Messages> <Message> ... </Message> <Message> ... </Message> ...</Messages>