Voice Mail Overview
The Cisco Unity Connection Messaging Interface (CUMI) is a messaging API for Cisco Unity Connection that has been designed to be stable and simple to use. It is based on leading industry standards for web-based API development, and provides access to a wide set of Connection messaging functionality. If you are a customer or developer who needs the ability to integrate Connection into an existing enterprise-wide portal, CUMI offers a secure method for doing the following:
- Sending messages
- Receiving messages
- Replying to messages
- Sending broadcast messages (provided the user account is enabled to send broadcast messages)
- Sending dispatch messages
- Receiving notifications of new messages
More technically, CUMI is a REST interface that standardizes operations such as add, delete, and modify. The XML comes with standard XML schema definitions that are annotated with information about what is in them.
As a web-based interface, CUMI is independent of operating system and programming language and does not require any client libraries to use.
- Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) for Cisco Unity Connection version 8.0 and later
- For detailed hardware requirements, see the Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Supported Platforms List